So I dont technically own an SS model but I love the AWD system but i do own a 05 Joe gibbs edition..

But I was wondering if it were possible to take out the Front dif and t case out of an SS and make it work for my truck?

Ideas, comments, anything lol i just can't hook up in 2WD w/o slicks...

You can only do this if your 2WD truck has the torsion bar front suspension. The 2WD SS / VHO / Vortec Max 2WD trucks have the torsion bars, which they can be converted. I believe all the Gibb's trucks will have a coil spring front end though and can not.

You can only do this if your 2WD truck has the torsion bar front suspension. The 2WD SS / VHO / Vortec Max 2WD trucks have the torsion bars, which they can be converted. I believe all the Gibb's trucks will have a coil spring front end though and can not.

:withstupid: The frame forward of the firewall is different on the JG trucks, you have the light-duty frame not the 4x4 frame. Do you have the RC or EC truck?

Mr. P.

aww bummer lol... well any one got any ideas that can help me hook up got new tires still cant hook up fast enough and i feather the gas pedal but still can't hook up any ideas?

do u have the blown joe gibbs?

anyways on the street ur gonna have issues with hooking but at the track get some slicks or drag radials lower the pressure a lil and u should hook

do u have the blown joe gibbs?

anyways on the street ur gonna have issues with hooking but at the track get some slicks or drag radials lower the pressure a lil and u should hook

yeah the uh 5.3 supercharged yeah figured I'd end up buying slicks oh well

:withstupid: The frame forward of the firewall is different on the JG trucks, you have the light-duty frame not the 4x4 frame. Do you have the RC or EC truck?

Mr. P.

Yeah i got the EC truck its pretty nice except the guy that had it before me took out the joe gibbs serial number identification thing off and i heard that I cant get that thing anymore cause i guess they dont make parts for these joe gibbs trucks anymore and its got some minor stuff that needs to be done to make it look good

Yeah i got the EC truck its pretty nice except the guy that had it before me took out the joe gibbs serial number identification thing off and i heard that I cant get that thing anymore cause i guess they dont make parts for these joe gibbs trucks anymore and its got some minor stuff that needs to be done to make it look good

Dan (sprayed99) and I know a lot about the JG trucks, he bought one new, that's how I met Dan at the track. I helped him a bit on that truck before he had to let it go.

Joe Gibbs Racing failed on the JG Silverado, the program was a total flop (financially) and one day they just *stopped* the entire program. Dan had parts ordered AND PAID FOR and JG never returned his calls or his money, the parts just never came and JG burned lots of aftermarket customers in those last 2+ months. Bad, bad deal.

Yup you're screwed if the JG tag is missing from the dash, that just killed the truck's collectible value; the maggie equipped ones with the paperwork and badging will be appreciating not because they are great performers but as collectables because they are very rare.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Yeah, I personally love the Gibbs trucks but they were a flop, I'd stick with slicks, that's alot of work to do a conversion.

Sucks about the plate though, any Gibbs parts are still out there it's just asking the right people bout them; however the plate and badges are a different story.

Edited by Bad Company (see edit history)

Yeah, I personally love the Gibbs trucks but they were a flop, I'd stick with slicks, that's alot of work to do a conversion.

Sucks about the plate though, any Gibbs parts are still out there it's just asking the right people bout them; however the plate and badges are a different story.

yeah it sucks i mean the truck is great really gets up and goes but its lost some value LOL the guy that had it before me used it for roofing houses... icon7.gifso i offered him some cash and took it off his hands so it needs some work i was almost willing to find a scraped JB truck and take the plate off of that and put it on mine icon4.gif

Ha ha, yeah,

I want the floor mats and seats outta a EC one for mine, a roofing truck, my god, that's a shame.

a Friend of mine has a 4.8L manual one and a dude at work bought a JG Avalanche (kinda talked him into it)

What wrong with it apperance wise, bed scraped up and stuff?