Shift Points

RacerJJ

Where should I be shifting for maximum power? Mods are listed in my sig. Currently, I shift at 5900 for both 1-2 and 2-3 shifts and then i pull through the finish line at only about 5000 rpm. This doesn't seem right to me. Any ideas out there?

With your setup I'd say 5800-5900 would be about right so it's cool. The crossing rpm is from your tire height being too tall.

Cool. I am fixing that this week with new wheels and tires. Zippy, I sent you an email last night with my tune. Also, what about this shift time I have been reading about? Should I set mine to 0? If you look at my tune, you will see what they are at now.

Edited by RacerJJ (see edit history)

you want to shift 200 - 300 rpms past peak power or where power falls off. this will allow you to come back into the vehicles powerband. as for crossing trps you should idealy be going thru traps at peak power. this is where tire and gear selection ocme into play. just remember as mods grow and so does power your final drive ratio might change according to new combo

Where should I be shifting for maximum power? Mods are listed in my sig. Currently, I shift at 5900 for both 1-2 and 2-3 shifts and then i pull through the finish line at only about 5000 rpm. This doesn't seem right to me. Any ideas out there?

I would agree with zippy thinking your shift points are good where there at. If you had a bigger cam or a cam with a higher power band I would raise them a little. :cheers: