Ticking From Onstar Speaker

hey guys, please help me out! on my 03 ss (i believe its my onstar speaker) i have a ticking noise. Sometimes it does it with the radio off and it also does it with the radio on. doesnt matter if i hit any of the stereo buttons it wont go away. ant thoughts at all would be helpful. also it will get loud then start to fade. my stereo is stock and i have never touched it.(other than the buttons)

thanks in advance

mike

if it is the "speaker" above your head, its called an aspirator, it is part of the climate control system. its basically a miniature fan with resistors wired into it. the reason it is making noise is it is either dirty or off balance. you can carefully pull your headliner down and remove it for cleaning.

if it is the "speaker" above your head, its called an aspirator, it is part of the climate control system. its basically a miniature fan with resistors wired into it. the reason it is making noise is it is either dirty or off balance. you can carefully pull your headliner down and remove it for cleaning.

:withstupid: bam, there it is

woe thats crazy. i swore it was a speaker for the onstar.

cool, well i'm gonna go give it a shot.

thanks,

mike

woe thats crazy. i swore it was a speaker for the onstar.

cool, well i'm gonna go give it a shot.

thanks,

mike

trust me, its not for onstar, mine was doing the same thing and does not even have onstar., plus i had about 12 bazillion concerns about this issue when i worked for gm.

• 2 weeks later...
:withstupid: I'll have to fix that too. Thanks

Well crap!!!! I thought it was an onstar speaker as well and it's been buzzing for 3 years... I had them disconnect it when I took it in for service... I guess now I may have the answer to my AC question I posted in an earlier thread... Can anyone tell me if this would cause my AC to either blow ALL cold if set on 89 or below and only blow hot when it's on 90?

Thanks,

JDA

• 2 weeks later...
Well crap!!!! I thought it was an onstar speaker as well and it's been buzzing for 3 years... I had them disconnect it when I took it in for service... I guess now I may have the answer to my AC question I posted in an earlier thread... Can anyone tell me if this would cause my AC to either blow ALL cold if set on 89 or below and only blow hot when it's on 90?

Thanks,

JDA

Oh yeah man! That fan pulls interior air in on a sensor that gives the climate control a reading for the automatic AC control. So that's most defenitely your problem with that.