Z06 Brake Upgrade Brackets

dkkustoms

dunno if anyone is interested, but I might be doing another Group Buy of Z06 Rear Brackets once I ship out the first series. Should have more info next week...

are you selling these for JYD? or are you buying them from him??

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DKKustoms I sent you a PM before I checked posts but just curous what was the final decison, complete set all the way around for 6 piston calipers. also are you willing to leave some un anodized to keep the cost down, and last did you ever decide on the cost?

No problem. I'm going to anodize them all. Its doesn't add that much to make it worth only doing some of them. As far as the rears go I'll probably do a batch of 4 piston and a batch of 6 piston. As far as price I'm still not 100% sure. I'm still fighting with my boss as to how much he wants for using the CNC and tumbler. Another reason is the cost of insurance. I live in the wonderful state of California where nothing is ever is anyones own fault. I can't be manufacturing these things without product liability insurance. I've talked to a few lawyers and I just can't avoid it. I'm still negotiating with a few different carriers to get the best deal. The better deal I get on insurance, the better price I can give you guys. I can tell you this much. They won't be more than $300 like Ray sold them for because I personally wouldn't want to pay more than that. They will most likely be somewhere between $250 and $300. When I started making them my initial goal was to be able to offer them for $200 but at that price I would be losing money. Also keep in mind that I'm also giving Ray some money for every set sold. He has helped everyone that has these already and we wouldn't have them at all if it wasn't for him doing the initial leg work. In fact he even said I didn't need to give him anything one of the many many many times I've called to bug him asking questions, which to me shows how great of a guy he truly is. The fronts are almost done.

these work with the C6 Zo6 Calipers only.

Btw I have been working a deal on a group purchase of 15" front rotors.

Preliminary info will require NO LESS than a 10 Set Pre order.

It Should be a great chance to save some REAL MONEY!

Matching 14" rear rotors are also avail, Several sets are out and running around that add that complete look!

Thx Eric for your continuing efforts!

can you help me to see if i am able to run the z06 calipers. I have stock 08 gmc 20's on my truck and they have pretty good clearance. there is a little over 2-1/4" at the top of the stock rotor with increasing clearance as they go out. here are some pics, sorry the lighting was bad, i can get some better ones tomorrow.

rotor001.jpg

rotor002.jpg

rotor003.jpg

rotor004.jpg

I hope my wheels clear em... I got a higher offset so they would tuck under the fender lip so getting spacers would do just the opposite... Plus I hear that spacers put too much strain on the lug bolts... and for my daily driver in below freezing weather 3/4's of the year, i don't think it would be ideal.

Ray, that would be awesome if you could get us that deal! Eric, keep up the good work! Thanks fellas!

Edited by haul@ss (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
these work with the C6 Zo6 Calipers only.

Btw I have been working a deal on a group purchase of 15" front rotors.

Preliminary info will require NO LESS than a 10 Set Pre order.

It Should be a great chance to save some REAL MONEY!

Matching 14" rear rotors are also avail, Several sets are out and running around that add that complete look!

Thx Eric for your continuing efforts!

i would be very interested in the group purchase with those 15 inch rotors