News On Pontiac

eagledax

I saw that Pontiac will soon be no more. I have to admit since the end of the Trans-Am I have not been impressed with any of their cars in the last couple of years. It was a good try with the GTO but it just didn't look like a GTO. Any other opinions out there or will Pontiac fade into the past without much notice? :confused:

I don't know why they don't bring back the Trans AM. They brought back the Camaro and Charger, why not the TA? They blame it on being gas guzzlers but SUV's guzzle more gas and those aren't going anywhere.

My first car was a Pontiac Fiero and I loved that car. It was a blast to drive and it looked like a baby Ferrari. Why they never improved on the engine and addressed the issues, instead of just putting it to rest, I don't know. I would buy another one if they brought them back.

It's sad. I loved the looks of those old Trans Am's; black with the gold phoenix, red with the gold and white with the blue. They were sharp.

I figured they would have dropped Buick before Pontiac.

:withstupid: but on the other hand i have heard that Buick is big in China and GM sells quite a few in there.

Im sad thought that pontiac is going by by I Have an 06 G6 GTP and its a blast to drive, and the G8 is such a bad ass car i hat to see it go away. I wish they would carry the G8 over to Chevrolet or even Buick because in my opinion that Car is just as nice as any BMW, Audi, or Mercedes out there and just as quick, the holden version sells like Crazy in Australia

The whole situation is aggrevating. There is not a reason in the world to me at least that this should be allowed to happen. I am sure gm has lots of problems that do need fixing but to allow multiple divisions to close is a huge mistake. No one has said a word about the other jobs that will be lost due to this. Not just pontiac but everyone that has anything to do with any of the divisions that will close. This will impact people that dont even work for gm directly. This should never have been allowed to get this far no matter who is to blame. Just my opinion...sorry to bitch!

The whole situation is aggrevating. There is not a reason in the world to me at least that this should be allowed to happen. I am sure gm has lots of problems that do need fixing but to allow multiple divisions to close is a huge mistake. No one has said a word about the other jobs that will be lost due to this. Not just pontiac but everyone that has anything to do with any of the divisions that will close. This will impact people that dont even work for gm directly. This should never have been allowed to get this far no matter who is to blame. Just my opinion...sorry to bitch!

no need to apologize, i thinks were all in the same train on this one :thumbs:

it does not matter if it is gm, ford or dodge, this should not be allowed, but who are whe besides good ol' country red necks yuguuuu lol, thank god we have people like nancy pelozi up there, :banghead:

I am glad to see that I am not the only one who is a little upset about this. It seems like all of the fun and good cars are falling by the wayside. I can't imagine how many people this is going to leave jobless. I will refrain from any of my usual political bashing (stating my opinion) since I can get in trouble for it in my line of work. I feel like these high ranking officials and CEOs who have these multi billion dollar pensions should be forced to put all that back into the company and save the jobs of the countless workers that are about to be hungry. Just my opinion. Hopefully they will bring the name back when things get better. Who knows, only time will tell. :wtf:

2 Fridays ago they said on the news that GM would make the annoucement that following Monday it was discontinuing Pontiac. I'm not surpised. Since they disbanded the GM performance division. Pontiac started out as the perfornce division of GM. And then the experiment brand. But I wouldn't discount the G8 or even the GTO yet. I would imagine that GM might do something like they did with the Tracker that started out as made by GEO then when the shut GEO down it became the Chevy Tracker.