Buying Rims

miketaylor4

well there are tons of options. a quick search of "22 wheels' or something will yield a buch of pictures. I personally like 22" on the SSS with a 305/40/22 tire. I have 22" chrome SSS replicas and i love them. keep the factory look but fill the fender well out. as far as performance i havent really noticed any change other than a slight speedometer difference of 1-2 mph. good luck on your search but i have a feeling results of this post are going to turn up as 'do a search"!

well there are tons of options. a quick search of "22 wheels' or something will yield a buch of pictures. I personally like 22" on the SSS with a 305/40/22 tire. I have 22" chrome SSS replicas and i love them. keep the factory look but fill the fender well out. as far as performance i havent really noticed any change other than a slight speedometer difference of 1-2 mph. good luck on your search but i have a feeling results of this post are going to turn up as 'do a search"!

I'm also interested in getting some 22" wheels. A search resulted in 2 posts. I guess I just don't know how to search. :(

22's are a great size for these trucks...IMO I like them on a 304/40/22 also

Can someone post links to some images? I tried a search but didn't come up with much. Might just be me I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...
hey guys,

I was just wondering if there is any good suggestions for rims to go on an 05 black ss.

I want to go 22 or 24.

Will these sizes affect the ride and performance?

Thanks,

Mike

Don't go with the 24's, those would be more show than performance. Too heavy and they will tear up your drivetrain, I found out the hard way. Snapped my rear dif on my 04' with a 5.3 and repairing wasn't cheap either. Stick with the 22's, better ride and not as heavy. Good luck with the wheel search.

Edited by El Compa Lalo (see edit history)