Cranks But No Start, Cycle Key Twice And Starts

gumper99

I have a 03 ss starting problem. After truck sits for and hour if that will crank for awhile before it starts. no running or performance problems. just replaced the inline fuel filter, has newer battery, E3 spark plug and cables. If I turn the key on and not start the truck and then turn if back to off and then cycle the key again and then it will start everytime. I am thinking its either the fuel regulator or the fuel pump going out. Any insite would be great.

Thanks

I have a 03 ss starting problem. After truck sits for and hour if that will crank for awhile before it starts. no running or performance problems. just replaced the inline fuel filter, has newer battery, E3 spark plug and cables. If I turn the key on and not start the truck and then turn if back to off and then cycle the key again and then it will start everytime. I am thinking its either the fuel regulator or the fuel pump going out. Any insite would be great.

Thanks

sounds like fuel pump to me. I would also replace the regulator.

Regulator. Had same problem. You can check by pulling vaccum hose off reg and seeing if fuel residue is present or if gas gushes out at all. If it does, then it's your problem. Easy fix and very common.