Post Up The Blues

:chevy: Allright guys and gals, here's the deal, i've got a black ss, and am really tired of messing with trying to keep my black looking good, seems no matter what i do or what i use, it looks like ass after a wash and spray detail, but i digress. I am thinking of changing colors this winter, and since there were no blue ones around when i bought mine, i think i'm going with blue. I really love the arrival blue, and I don't see many of them around here (indiana). So if you could indulge me and post some pics of your blue trucks( yes, i know what an arrival blue truck looks like,) but i want to see one that maybe's had the ducts and grills painted, or custom wheels, stuff to get the wheels turning in my head. Thanks in advance (and sorry if this is in the wrong section mods) :cheers:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should just sell or trade the Black Beauty for a Blue one...i like keeping mine as much G.M as possible. I have the G.M bed cover,G.M. bed matte and rear seat storage compartment.Who knows..maybe one day they might be worth something???

Edited by ssspringer (see edit history)

trader :jester:

:withstupid: Don't do it! Everyone knows black is the fastest color! :jester: It is a pain to keep it looking good but when it cleans up it is a beautiful thing. :cry: It's just so beautiful! Lol

On a serious note, changing the color of a vehicle to a completely different color take a tonnnn of work and is going to cost you an arm and a leg to get it done. It's not just the outside color remember, you have to repaint the whole engine bay, all the door jams, fire wall, etc etc etc. I would think twice before starting such a project.

Rob

:withstupid: Yep, Rob is correct. A good shop will charge you about $10 grand or better. Alot of people don't understand what it takes to get every nook and cranny on a paint job when changing colors. I'd like to change mine to black, but I know what it will take to do it. Edited by 1 Fast SS (see edit history)