#%&^%!

chevygal

Yesterday, I had to go to Walgreens just to pick up some laundry detergent. I backed a little crooked into the parking space (over the line with my left rear tire). No biggie; plenty of spaces. I came out ten minutes later and some @$$hole keyed the driver's side of my CSS. I don't have a picture to post but for those of you who have had this happen, approximately how much is it going to cost to fix? It's about a foot long, to the metal in one spot. I have a $500 deductible so I'm just wondering if it will be more or less. Part of it could probably just be buffed out.

Thanks guys!

That's horrible. If it's down to the metal in one spot, to fix it properly, they would probably spray the whole door or panel. I'll bet it would be around $500 or less. In that case, don't even claim it, so your rates aren't affected. Good luck.

Edited by Hankg42 (see edit history)

Some @$$hole keyed my wife's car about 3 weeks ago at a baseball game. started at the driver's side taillight and went down the driver's side across the hood, then back down the other side to the passenger taillight. The insurance company estimated it at $2280, and cut me a check for $1280 after my deductible. One of my dad's friends owns a body shop that I've had some work done at before and I think he can fix it for under $1000.

I would look to see if there is a body shop around you that handles stuff like that. We have a shop around here that airbrushes and fills stuff like that and it matches the paint perfectly and looks like nothing was ever done like that. I cant remember the name but it would be alot cheaper then repainting the whole door.

I freaking hate people. I have spent the last few days touching up and wet sanding out scratches in my ss. I have them to the point that you can't see them unless you are within 1 foot of my it. My suggestion would be to check a few shops and get some estimates. I agree with Hank on this one. If it is around $500 or even a lil more, don't even bother claiming it cause your rates will go up. If you can find somebody that can do what Nash was saying then that route will probably be a hell of a lot cheaper. Good luck with the repairs and if you can throw up some pics of the damage.

Rob

dammit bro :banghead: , i hope everything turns out ok

i had some dumnf*ck key my montero sport like a month after i got it, it was brand new, the assh*le key'd it from the very begining of the front fender, to the back bumper, i was supper pissed,estamets were of about 1200$, :eek: ,

thats why when i go to school i always park it underneoth a light, and put the cover on, i dont care how ridicouless it might look for me to be struguling to put the cover on, im not taking any chances. :M16:

Im so sorry to hear this. That, pos will get his someday. Check if Walgreens has cameras. What part of MA was this in (central, western, boston, etc)? I know there is a new walgreens near me, looks like im staying away.

edit-I scraped my moms BMW (to the metal also) and dented her front driver side quarter panel and it costed 5-6 bills. Mint job.

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)

did you make a police report ? they're most likely going to veiw the parking lot cameras.. so I would advise against further damaging it.. I'm sure it will be worth more than $500 if its a foot long.

Your talking about sanding, preping, and painting a entire panel, plus color matching, buffing etc..

Sorry this happened to you.. hopefully you get it fixed easy