How Does This Sound?

$190 for a complete inside and out job, that includes wheel-wells, engine-bay, and a complete buff job to get the massive amount of swirl marks off my truck. I do have a hard-top bed cover that needs to be done too. Does that sound like a steal or can I do better? I am afraid to do it myself, if I can get it buffed out and new-car shiny clean paint, then I will maintain it better than I did before to prevent those scratches.

$190 for a complete inside and out job, that includes wheel-wells, engine-bay, and a complete buff job to get the massive amount of swirl marks off my truck. I do have a hard-top bed cover that needs to be done too. Does that sound like a steal or can I do better? I am afraid to do it myself, if I can get it buffed out and new-car shiny clean paint, then I will maintain it better than I did before to prevent those scratches.

That does not sound bad. That is what I am paying to have mine done within the next couple weeks.

I know my dealership does a complete full detail (wash, claybar, wash #2, heavy duty paste wax, wheels/ wheel wells, engine bay, complete interior) for $179. They use Meguiar products. However I would like to see them add polish and paint cleaner to that list.

Remember, you get what you pay for. If you know that they will do a good job I would say go for it, but to me that sounds cheap and I know how much of a pita it is to get swirls out of these trucks.

Thats pretty cheap for an inside and out job... try to see if you can find out more about them before handing over any money... referrals and testimonials are HUGE when it comes to detailers. Like was earlier stated there are tons of yahoos out there who get their hands on a buffer and all of a sudden think they're a "detailer".

Where are you located BTW... if you're local to some members there are more than a few guys here who could probably help you out, myself included.