Low Idle

Arts05SS

This afternoon when I was in my truck i decided to turn on the a/c, when i started to slow down to make a right turn the truck felt like it was about to die, RPM was below 500, so i turned off the a/c and the truck ran great, even when slowing down for other turns, so I decided to turn it on again and it did the same thing, when slowing down it felt it was going to die. I use premium shell gas, I only got an intake, spacer, exhaust. I also noticed that my service engine light did NOT come on. What can it be?

:withstupid: i also had similar problems, i cleaned the throttle body which seemed to have been the cure.

So what is the procedure for cleaning the TB? Do you just spray cleaner in it and call it good?

You can clean it on the truck, however it is a whole lot easier to do a thorough job off the truck. The backside of the throttle blade gets extremely filthy. Basically, you just want to pick up some carb clean and with the use of a tooth brush or something similar give it a good scrubbing.

You can clean it on the truck, however it is a whole lot easier to do a thorough job off the truck. The backside of the throttle blade gets extremely filthy. Basically, you just want to pick up some carb clean and with the use of a tooth brush or something similar give it a good scrubbing.

Thanks for the info. Would you not need a new gasket after removing?