Finally Got It

Perez152

• 3 weeks later...

get a tune from zippy, black bear or another well known tuner. As far as headers, i would use OBX. They are cheap as far as headers go and are a true bolt on stainless system. For exhaust, keep the stock SS stainless pipes but weld in a true dual in dual out muffler(the stock muffler is a fake dual out) of your choice, i like magnaflow but that is only my preference.

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I had the same decision to make today... I went with Magnaflow duals with turndowns right before the axle...It sounds freakin' awesome. I am very pleased with my results. The CAI goes on tomorrow... The modding has begun....

• 2 weeks later...
Finally got the truck of my dreams. Haven't done anything to it, just the simple CAI and a Flashpaq Tuner from my old truck. Can't decide on headers or exhaust yet...any suggestions?

post-18062-1242580161_thumb.jpg

I have seen quite a few SS Silverados around and I have always been interested in the way they sound. To be honest, the best sounding one I have heard is the one I drive. I have gibson shorty headers and a full Magnaflow catback that exits straight out the back. It sounds amazing I assure you. I have even had another SS owner comment on the fact that it sounds better than his. If you are interested in me sending you a video so you can hear it I will be happy to. My email is [email protected]. Good luck!

post-19043-1262835455_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stg313 (see edit history)

I have seen quite a few SS Silverados around and I have always been interested in the way they sound. To be honest, the best sounding one I have heard is the one I drive. I have Hooker headers and a full Magnaflow catback that exits straight out the back. It sounds amazing I assure you. I have even had another SS owner comment on the fact that it sounds better than his. If you are interested in me sending you a video so you can hear it I will be happy to. My email is [email protected]. Good luck!

Welcome to the site Jose!!! If your'e like me you're truck will go in your will!

I would like to hear that sound to compare. [email protected] I have flowmasters one in and one out on true duals with rectangular tips behind rear tires and the only thing I haven't been happy with is the way the tips are tuned. Doesn't sound as good in park but sounds awsome running WOT down the track. I'm thinking I just need a better tuned set of tips and headers.

Edited by onebluess (see edit history)

Yea flowmaster does some sh*t that f*cks up something lol idk but i just like that deep sound that Magnaflow has. After the exaust Headers would be another good add on.

ive had both like both but magnaflow definately flows more

• 3 weeks later...
Welcome to the site Jose!!! If your'e like me you're truck will go in your will!

I would like to hear that sound to compare. [email protected] I have flowmasters one in and one out on true duals with rectangular tips behind rear tires and the only thing I haven't been happy with is the way the tips are tuned. Doesn't sound as good in park but sounds awsome running WOT down the track. I'm thinking I just need a better tuned set of tips and headers.

hey just wanted to let you know that im an idiot and i just realized it. I have Gibson Shorty headers not hooker. I have no idea what the hell i was thinking that day. Ill take a video so you can hear it ASAP and email it to you.