What Is The Correct Hawk Brake Pad Model Numbers For 2003 Sss?

Maniac

I recently ordered Hawk pads and SSBC rotors from Summit Racing for my 2003 Silverado SS. The front and rear pads are the wrong size. Summit says for the fronts are Super Duty HB322P.717 and the rears are Super Duty HB324P.673. As you can see in the picture below the fronts they provided are too big and the rears are too small. If you go on Hawks website they say the fronts should be HB323P.724 and and the rears the provide the same part number as Summit. I'm going to call Hawk on Monday to confirm but wanted to see if ayone of you guys have run into this problem or know the correct part numbers.

Anyone know what is the correct pad part numbers for a 2003 Silverado SS manufacture date 02/03?

hawkpads.jpg

I don't know why they are selling you standard Hawk ceramic pads, you want the Hawk HPS carbon-ferro ceramic pads that are better suited for spirited driving.

The proper part numbers(as I know them) are....

Front - HB323F.724

Rear - HB324F.673

The part numbers I have are:

Front Pads

HB323F.724 Hawk Performance Brake Pads - HPS

HB323Z.734 – Ceramic

Rear Pads

HB385F.640 Hawk Performance Brake Pads - HPS

HB385Z.640 - Ceramic

The 324 part number is for the back on 1500 GMC and Chevy trucks with single piston rear calipers and 19mm thick rotors, where as we have the 28mm thick rear rotors.

Well I called up Hawk today and apparently they don't recommend the HP SuperDuty pads for my truck unless I am constantly towing they said otherwise they will squeel a lot. They said the correct pads are HB323Y.724 for the front and HB385Y.640. Called Summit they are sending the correct pads via overnight so hopefully they are the correct ones. The Y compound pads are in Hawks opinion a better pad than the standard HPS pads for a heavy vehicle like a Silverado SS.

• 1 month later...
Well I called up Hawk today and apparently they don't recommend the HP SuperDuty pads for my truck unless I am constantly towing they said otherwise they will squeel a lot. They said the correct pads are HB323Y.724 for the front and HB385Y.640. Called Summit they are sending the correct pads via overnight so hopefully they are the correct ones. The Y compound pads are in Hawks opinion a better pad than the standard HPS pads for a heavy vehicle like a Silverado SS.

How are the Hawk LTS: HWK HB323Y.724 {front} & HWK HB385Y.640 {rear} working for you?