New Slow Et's

CenWaSS

Damn, nice job :cheers: We'll all have to make a trip to the track sometime. I havent done anything else to my truck except added another tune from Nelson. From the seat of my pants it doesnt feel any different? I just dont understand, times went up after the radix WTF!!! Oh well, I see another toy coming in the (hopefully) near future....

dont worry mike im sure ull find whats wrong with it like stated before start with that convertor wey maybe u gotz a problem there, i know im gonna do a few more things to reach my goal and im gonna try and get my tuner to washington to dial in the truck to a pin point.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For now don't get so hung-up on the ET, I would concentrate on the MPH because the trap speed tells you how much power the truck is making. Your combo is not making much power; on the contrary if the truck was trapping well but still only in the 14's then the problem would be more like converter or traction related. Either the motor is not processing much air (obstructed CAI?), or you have very high IATs, or belt slippage, or the crank isn't pinned, or blocked cats, or tune is off. You are going to have a difficult time tracking the problem down without good logging software, you need to capture data from your truck to get hints as to what the issue is and you are going to have to get EFILive or HPT -or- you might call Justin Gadberry (Black Bear Performance) as he has available a black box logging module that you plug into your OBDC port and he can download the info and examine it at his end. I agree that with the combo you describe the truck is slow by almost 1.5 seconds; a common tuning culprit is that the motor pulls timing because the IATs are blistering hot - I am not saying this is what is happening to your truck but rather that these kinds of problems cannot be pinpointed without good data logging.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

very well put mr.p thats what im also fighting on mine is those damn IAT2 temps which were at 150+ and my tuner tells me that my tuck is pulling timing bad at that point but i am sending him some data sheets so he can see whats goin on and he could have a better idea of what he needs to move around on my tune to get it set up right mike try and invest in a aeromotive scan guage bro so u can see what ur temps and do some recording on that when u try and run it.

Edited by whoopassharley (see edit history)

I agree, its not the converter. Its evident the truck is not getting rolling right from the start (i.e. lack of power like Mr. P said). The 60ft is 2.0 and even with the TBTC it should be more like 1.8-1.9 with an awd truck. Do the 2005's have 4.10's like the 03's? I also agree to check everything. Make sure your intercooler pump is working, mine was not. Make sure you have recently cleaned your MAF, TB, and air cleaner. Also, I dont know much about the LS2 90mm TB, but are you sure its opening all the way? Are the 05's drive by wire like the 03's? If your TB isnt opening all the way, that very well could be an issue as well. Of course, so could everything else Mr. P mentioned. Do you have a boost gauge? How much vacuum are you running at idle? Has there been a significant change? How much boost are you seeing at WOT?

I ran a 13.19@101 with mods in sig at 900ft (dont know what the DA was for that day though).

Thanks for the advice guys. I think its definatley something on the top end. Reason is I was never able to break them loose until after the radix install. my truck doesnt smoke them but will spin for about 4-6ft. I guess i'll be calling justin :cheers:

dude 2 words.. FVCK NELSON!!! hes a tool and a fag. idc if this gets deleted. he has screwed numerous ppl out of money and tunes. i HATED him and hes an hour from me. i went with justin and im running high 13.s with cam lts and little things. he blows trannys, causes detonation, etc... he can tune good in person but his mail order suck major ass

For now don't get so hung-up on the ET, I would concentrate on the MPH because the trap speed tells you how much power the truck is making.

Mr. P.

I couldn't agree more. The trap speed is too low, the ET doesn't really matter as mush, it could be attributed to all sorts of things, but the MPH figures should be higher.

It might be a dumb question but does the radix HAVE to be ran with a MAF? Can it be ran with a MAP setup? If it's a factory EFI ECU can it be piggybacked, or?

For now don't get so hung-up on the ET, I would concentrate on the MPH because the trap speed tells you how much power the truck is making. Your combo is not making much power; on the contrary if the truck was trapping well but still only in the 14's then the problem would be more like converter or traction related. Either the motor is not processing much air (obstructed CAI?), or you have very high IATs, or belt slippage, or the crank isn't pinned, or blocked cats, or tune is off. You are going to have a difficult time tracking the problem down without good logging software, you need to capture data from your truck to get hints as to what the issue is and you are going to have to get EFILive or HPT -or- you might call Justin Gadberry (Black Bear Performance) as he has available a black box logging module that you plug into your OBDC port and he can download the info and examine it at his end. I agree that with the combo you describe the truck is slow by almost 1.5 seconds; a common tuning culprit is that the motor pulls timing because the IATs are blistering hot - I am not saying this is what is happening to your truck but rather that these kinds of problems cannot be pinpointed without good data logging.

Mr. P.

Pinned crank!!! That'll definately do it. Is you crank pinned?

its necessary for boosted engine where added strain on the belt drive is created from turning the supercharger. it imo should be included in every blower kit . dont question this mod it is necessary imo.

not only are you not getting full potential of your blower but could be ruining the snout on your crankshaft . spinning the crank pulley is common with blower on these trucks since they are not keyed from the factory . when i went to pin my crank on my stock motor the bolt was so loosed it had a gap from the pulley and pulled out with no tools and just a couple turns , im lucky i didnt spin the pulley off the crank on a wot pull , that would have fubared some parts without a doubt .

did i mention you should pin your crank? :jester:

...does the radix HAVE to be ran with a MAF? Can it be ran with a MAP setup?...

Sure you can go Speed Density (MAP-only) if you like, but there is not really a need to because very few RADIX setups have the ability to breathe more than the 512 grams/second limit the PCM has. Go to the EFILive and HPTuners forums for big threads where guys argue which is better...

Mr. P.