Anybody Watch Ice Road Truckers...?

AKSSS

I was just wondering if anybody on here watches ice road truckers? I just watched the first episode of the new season and I am kinda embaressed. I am a truck driver in Alaska and I mainly haul heavy equipment all over the state. I am actually surprised at how much they exaggerated the reality of what goes on. I just don't want anyone to think we are all goobers up here.

I like the show alot. I love driving in snow conditions, I have been nearly killed in an accident before (as a passenger) but I still race in the stuff. I believe they exaggerated the driving a big rig in the snow part, however that "rollercoaster" dip is something I would probably die having a panic or heart attack in person.

Then again I am the type of person where I look for thrills in a job, it keeps me alive. :chevy:

I was just wondering if anybody on here watches ice road truckers? I just watched the first episode of the new season and I am kinda embaressed. I am a truck driver in Alaska and I mainly haul heavy equipment all over the state. I am actually surprised at how much they exaggerated the reality of what goes on. I just don't want anyone to think we are all goobers up here.

the only way they can sell a show is by adding drama... if there is no drama people don't watch. Just like all reality show, they all have scripted drama, or indirect drama brought in by the producers just so that the show stays on top

I watch the show once in a while. Enough to know that some of the truckers are from other places and only come during the trucking season. And it's the first time driving up there for some of them.