Vette Servo Vs Billet Servo, 4th Billet Servo

As far as the 1-2 servo goes, I have been told that the billet servo is overkill for a stock 4l60e. Shifts too harsh and will start breaking stuff, etc. I have been told the vette servo will suffice.

I have also been told that the 4th billet servo is a waste of money for my stock tranny, and that I won't be able to feel it.

I do plan on installing both servos and a shift kit, and replacing the plastic 1-2 and fwd accumulator pistons with aluminum ones. I'm just not sure on which servos yet, and I don't want to rebuild my transmission for a good while.

Would you guys care to provide some insight?

The billet servo is ok without a shift kit on a stock truck. With a shift kit it is overkill if you are running a stock torque converter. I'd recomend a good shift kit with a corvette servo. I'd recomend the 4th gear billet servo on every 60/65/70E made. You will notice that for sure. I recomend good programming to go with any trans mods.

I had a sonnax billet servo along time ago before my performabuilt,and man it shifted way to hard even with stock line pressure!!Never made sense as I have not felt one like that with a just a servo.

I have had the sonnax servos installed for about a year now and I agree that 1-2 shift is hard as hell. I'm talking snap your neck, hear all the plastic pieces in the cab crack hard. Ive learned to drive with it and tried to let the 1-2 shift happen as slow as possible and as low in rpm as possible to not be as harsh. Last Saturday I installed my long tube headers and installed my new tune. I talked to you about that hard as hell 1-2 shift to see if you could soften it up a tad and now it shifts great. The 1-2 shift is just right with normal driving, and even cruising around the parking lot is 100% better and it still shifts nice and strong at wot. You did an outstanding job and I thank you Charlie, the truck has never felt better! :thumbs:

the billet 4th is not a bad idea. the sonnax 2nd is a pile of crap unless you like the lug in the case wearing out or possibly braking or even the plate on the band snapping off. Use the corvette servo and the 4th billet.

Ha ha like I told you on the phone...it can't be all that bad. I mean the faster mine breaks the faster I come see you Danny. Thanks for all your help in the past few months, and I hope to be making it back up your way the next time there is a DFW meet.

Brendan