Injectors For The Gt2-3 Cam

So I noticed my truck was running really sluggish and was barely starting up sometimes just no umph behind it i had to press down pretty far on the pedal to get any response, It felt stock, I took it in to the dealership and told them all of my mods which are Lingenfelter GT2-3 corevette camshaft, longtube dynatech wrapped headers, LS6 Valve springs, air raid CAI, big block flowmaster muffler exhaust, homemade ram air, TBS, performance thermostat, Truck Thruster 3000 torque converter, Zippy shift kit, taylor spark plug wires, PCMForless. Cam Number Duration @ .050 Valve Lift Rocker Arm Centerline

LS1-GT2-3 207 / 220 .571" / .578" 1.7 ratio 118.5

They said checked it out and said my truck was running way too lean and it was starving my truck. He said they turned up the PSI on something which helped, but he said I would need better injectors. So I guess with my mods what do you guys think should get. And is there anything else I need to get with the injectors? I really appreciate any feedback.

Being that you are an 03 I have a hard time believing that your stock injectors are maxed to a point of running lean with your mods (even with the cam). Are the IDC's pretty high?...sure, with your mods I would expect them to be close to peaked but not to the point of lean.

Were you running lean due to an intake leak or something of the sort? I could believe that however the tech should have known how to diagnose it. You need to find a tuner who can scan (log) your truck and go over the vitals. Any issues would be apparent pretty quickly.

i agree...i would be willing to say his IDC's are at least in the 110-125% range but that will still not make you go lean, and the dealership saying they upped you pressure, i dont see how they would do that, our FPR's run off a vacuum, other then a hot wire kit

I plan on keeping it NA I don't know what the IDC's are, sorry, But they turned up the PSI on the injectors and cleaned the fuel system. He said I needed to upgrade my injectors to match my other mods. What they did to the truck helped make it run better, but it still isn't the performance that I've felt before. So the 42's if I need to get some new injectors...where is the best buy for these?

I plan on keeping it NA I don't know what the IDC's are, sorry, But they turned up the PSI on the injectors and cleaned the fuel system. He said I needed to upgrade my injectors to match my other mods. What they did to the truck helped make it run better, but it still isn't the performance that I've felt before. So the 42's if I need to get some new injectors...where is the best buy for these?

Your dealership is sticking it to you in my opinion. I just put larger injectors on my truck and have a set of 42lb injectors I will sell you for 200.00 shipped.

PM me if you are interested. They are direct plug ins. They have 20 to 30k miles on them.

Not to get off topic here, but if you are staying NA, I am curious why you chose a blower cam for your truck.......

Well I planned on supercharging it until I realized i really couldn't afford it anytime soon, so I gave up on that dream for now. You think it affects me not putting a blower on with the cam?

Back to the original topic I had my truck tuned that their profession GM and fords, which was ridicules price wise...$500. Anyways they installed the torque converter and zippy shift kit, then tuned it... I really don't know why I would have the check it out, I figured they would have saw a problem then. That was last summer though. I don't know what to do. I guess when I have some money Ill have a shop look at it. :(

Before you spend any money for a shop to look at it, see if someone near KC can help you log some runs and then have one of the tuning gurus on the board look at some logs. You dont want to start throwing money at the problem until you know what the problem is. I think alot of people believe there may be an underlying issue other than the injectors as many have gone the route you have and not had injector issues. If the shop is a tuning shop with lots of experience with modded LSx family engines, they may be able to help, but if you can figure it out for free before going in anywhere, knowledge is power.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

Well I planned on supercharging it until I realized i really couldn't afford it anytime soon, so I gave up on that dream for now. You think it affects me not putting a blower on with the cam?

No not at all, I was just curious why you chose the GT2-3, that's all. I agree with the others, you need to run some logs if possible to determine what is wrong. I'd hate to see you take it to a shop and throw money into only to have the problem come back.......

change your fuel filter.

but I agree get a log of it befor you start throwing $$ at it, for $500 tune I would hope they could do it for you...like an upgrade. BUT just reading your posts sounds like the tune is not that good.

change your fuel filter.

but I agree get a log of it befor you start throwing $$ at it, for $500 tune I would hope they could do it for you...like an upgrade. BUT just reading your posts sounds like the tune is not that good.

Where and what do they do for a "log" don't know what that is, assuming its a scan from portable device that reads my computer? :confused:

Also I think i will have them look at the fuel filter/regulator as well.