new fuel injectors

Help please.

I am getting ready to purchase my turbocharger kit for the truck ... I am not extremely impressed with the Radix, sorry guys... and need to pick up new fuel injectors outside the purchase of the turbocharger, I believe.

Is it the 42lb injectors that I should run with?

And if so, where do you recommend I buy them from and whose brand should I get?

Also, can I install these myself without the need for any special tools or is this a find a certified mechanic to do the install only thing?

Next line of questioning... . :)

When putting in the gauges, I was thinking of the Cobalt C2 or the phantom series in the pillar. Despite the obvious vaccuum/boost gauge, what do you guys recommend? maybe a lean/rich gauge using the O2 sensor? or do I need a Fuel pressure gauge and if so what does it tell me? Or do I need an exhaust temperature gauge? (To be honest, I think an incoming air temperature gauge done kinda like the exhaust temp gauge would be cool. )

Any and all thoughts are appreciated

I may have some used 42lbr's I'll sell you. I need to research new ones still. My 42lbr's may not be enough for my new setup.

Anyone know a good place to get some fuel injectors?

Also, the 42lbr's will plug right in with your factory wiring, no mod necessary.

I may have some used 42lbr's I'll sell you.  I need to research new ones still.  My 42lbr's may not be enough for my new setup.

Also, the 42lbr's will plug right in with your factory wiring, no mod necessary.

:thumbs:

What brand? Are they marine injectors? Do I need to have Allen re-tune the truck to use the new fuel injectors or will it use them correctly when I plug them in?

When will you know if you are moving up from the 42lb injectors to something bigger?

They are the marine 8.1L 42lb injectors that come with the Radix blower. Allen will have to program you for them, yes. They use the same connectors that you have on your harness right now.

Not exactly sure when I'll know. I still need to find them after a little research. I should make a decision in the next few days, though.

hello mustbebrent. the 42# injectors i picked up for my SS with a procharger,were from combination motorsports in vegas phone number=702-798-8504 talk to seth or sam. they are marine 42# with factory connector.

hope this helps,also i received this company from bryan at pcms for less. :D

I may have some used 42lbr's I'll sell you. I need to research new ones still. My 42lbr's may not be enough for my new setup.

Ben,

I have seen a few guys on LS1tech.com use these guys

http://www.racetronix.com/

they seem to have ok pricing

All of these 42 pound injectors are the EXACT SAME injector. It is the injector GM uses with its 8.1 liter marine motor. Its a delphi injector I believe and has a GM part number on it. Several places sell the injectors: Arizona Speed, Racetronix, Cmotorsports, as well as your neighborhood GM parts house. Magnacharger and Kenne Bell include these injectors with their supercharger kits. Same part number and same injector from all sources. Just find the best price and buy. I picked up a set from Lingenfelter last year for another project.

I'm running the injectors from a Radix kit on my truck (thanks MN C5). No problems.

MustBBrent, it will take a lot of air flow to max out the 42lb'ers. They seem to handle 60-65 lbs/min of air ok (based on various supercharger results).

If you are thinking of going EXTREME turbo - check out parish8's turbo threads on LS1tech. He is running a T76 capable of pushing around 90-100 lbs/min of air along with 57lb injectors, I beleive.

Here is a link to one of those threads... link

:cheers:

How much for the 8.1 injectors. I know you can get new ones on ebay for 279.00. They are fairly inexpensive cause thats what the lightning guys run. they are a bosch style high impedence injector that should be a plug and play. I once called Zippy for a price on the 8.1 ones and about crapped myself if I remember correctly. I plan on using the 42's for my procharger setup on the ol' 262.

Archived