Black Brake Ducts On Silver Birch

What are you guys doing to paint the ducts? I want to black mine out but I'm afraid they're chip like crazy. The Krylon fusion stuff works great for bonding to plastic but I've had to touch up my grille a few times just from rocks and bugs. I didn't think you could powdercoat plastic bc of the heat.

Thanks

i have cyber gray ducts on my black bumper. I think it looks titties.

I think black on silver birch would look pretty freakin badass!

i like that cyber gray. thats a great color that gets overlooked alot. (other than on a zr1)

What are you guys doing to paint the ducts? I want to black mine out but I'm afraid they're chip like crazy. The Krylon fusion stuff works great for bonding to plastic but I've had to touch up my grille a few times just from rocks and bugs. I didn't think you could powdercoat plastic bc of the heat.

Thanks

try some adheasion promoter it allways works great for me

I scuffed them up and cleaned them up good, then used a self etching primer. For the paint, it's a basecoat clearcoat (rattle can) from paintscratch.com, buffed out pretty well and has held up for a few months without problem. Just a tip, drill out the plastic rivets that hold the grilles in place and then go to the auto parts HELP section and pick up a pack of oem style clips. Mine are holding well and will be easy to remove again if I ever need to repaint them.