Just Dyno'd The Truck!

shadowsniper3006

Just got home from the dyno and have to go right back so this post will be short, i'll scan the dyno sheet later. We made 2 good pulls with out down shifting. 423 hp to the rear wheels at 5900, the wideband said WOT is at 10.8:1. Temp was 70 outside, IATs where at 92. They also said this type of dyno shows lower numbers but they are closer to real world numbers because it loads the rollers with the weight of the truck, 5230 with me in it. The dyno is a Mustang MD 500 Chassis Dyno, i'd like to know what the numbers are at the 65 degree IATs i race at. The truck was real hot as well, we dyno'd it right off the 20 minute trip and had to do 4 pulls before we learned how to stop it from down shifting when we start the run.

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

yeah i am NA on stock cubes. I've been looking at the dyno sheet for a while now trying to figure it out with all the lines and it looks like the truck made 423.1 hp @5902 rpm and 414.3 torque at 4975 rpm. But they shut me down at 5902, i mean that where they told me to let off and from the looks of the chart i was still climbing. and it looks like the AFR was between 10.9 and 11.2 the whole run. I'm working on scanning them in right now.

scan0001.jpg

The AFR are the numbers at the right side

Rpm is bottom

Torque numbers are on the left side, he did not show HP numbers just the HP line

The top line on the chart is the HP the bottom line is the TQ and the line at the top that dips way down is the AFR

He said the interference is from not hooking into the obdII, I needed that for my scan gauges. somewhere in that area the converter locked at 101 mph.

scan0002-1.jpg

so you guys can be the judge, i was watching the rpm on the dyno screen and it never went over 5900-6000 and it looks like i was still climbing in hp but torque started to fall so i guess i didn't learn about my 6300 rpm shift points. It also shows me the peak HP was in lock up at 120MPH, i cross the lights at 103 mph so i guess i would say it could still use more gear to really take advantage of 3rd gear.

correct me if i am wrong because this seems high, but they told me they see 20% loss to the wheels through a 2wheel drive truck on their dyno. If i did this right that puts me at 528 hp at the crank?????? thats about 75 more hp then i thought i would be at?

yeah i am NA on stock cubes. I've been looking at the dyno sheet for a while now trying to figure it out with all the lines and it looks like the truck made 423.1 hp @5902 rpm and 414.3 torque at 4975 rpm. But they shut me down at 5902, i mean that where they told me to let off and from the looks of the chart i was still climbing. and it looks like the AFR was between 10.9 and 11.2 the whole run. I'm working on scanning them in right now.
For being n/a you are a little on the rich side.

Looking at your dyno sheet your hp/tq pretty much follow each other all the way up. Mine is different in that it has a lot more tq up until 5250 where they cross then the hp takes over and the tq drops off fast. Above 5K your truck is strong where mine is strong down low but dies after 5K.

Is your 12.8 et with your current setup?

yes the converter locked both pulls at 100-101 mph. it's in the crap section of the print out so you can't see it on the chart.

They were very surprised to see it pull that power at 10.8 AFR, but Zippy has never been able to wideband tune it at WOT, as far as i know its been all MAF tuning.

Yes the 12.82 run is with the current set up. i backed it up that day with a 12.87, and this year it went 12.88 and a bunch of 12.9's. But that 12.82 came in about 50 degree temps, i have not been able to run in those temps yet.

And thanks guys!

Brad

Brad, I am sure Zippy will dial you in...Look where it is so far! Anyway, I am sure Zippy knows however dialing in a flat 12.8 across the Pe RPM band isn't the ideal AFR curve. Your motor will make more power by going with say 12.5ish up till peak torque, leaning out to around 12.8ish at peak HP and finally pulling back to 12.5ish through red-line. All motors are different (some want to run leaner, some fatter) however that basic Pe AFR curve often produces the best results N/A, so I hear. :thumbs:

Without doing a complete Ve tuning session and MAF tuning session with a wideband to map your motor's airmass, it will be difficult to ensure the commanded Pe AFR is spot-on.

Brad, I am sure Zippy will dial you in...Look where it is so far! Anyway, I am sure Zippy knows however dialing in a flat 12.8 across the Pe RPM band isn't the ideal AFR curve. Your motor will make more power by going with say 12.5ish up till peak torque, leaning out to around 12.8ish at peak HP and finally pulling back to 12.5ish through red-line. All motors are different (some want to run leaner, some fatter) however that basic Pe AFR curve often produces the best results N/A, so I hear. :thumbs:

Without doing a complete Ve tuning session and MAF tuning session with a wideband to map your motor's airmass, it will be difficult to ensure the commanded Pe AFR is spot-on.

If he comes up here and has some time I'm sure he'll wideband tune it, but boy it's a pretty good tune for never hooking a wideband to it. It would be realy cool if i could have him tune it on the dyno.