Boost Valve

I just ordered my shift kit, corvette servo, accumulator pistons, and boost valve for my trans,and I wanted to know if I can install the boost valve while the trans is still in the truck. I won't have the time to drop the tranny, and if I did I would end up redoing the whole thing and you know how one thing leads to another. So if anyone can help I would appreciate it. I just wanted to firm up shifts, and add some reliability as it's my daily driver and I love power. Thanks

I would use the .490 Sonnax boost valve. Since yours is an 04' you can do the install in the truck. The new body style trucks and very late model classic body styles have the ISS in the pump which requires pulling the pump to install the boost valve.

Thanks Zippy. I knew they made changes, but I didn't know when for the pump. I appreciate everyones help on this. Also I hope I got the right one for an early pump. The part number from Sonnax is 77898E-K.

Edited by sinr98 (see edit history)

Also a heads up for you...there are TWO grooves for the ring to seat on when you install the boost valve. The first one is the wrong one and is beveled so as soon as you put it in gear it pops out. There is another groove just above it that is the correct placement. I learned the hard way.

Also a heads up for you...there are TWO grooves for the ring to seat on when you install the boost valve. The first one is the wrong one and is beveled so as soon as you put it in gear it pops out. There is another groove just above it that is the correct placement. I learned the hard way.

...so did I.

Unless you like pulling the pan again make sure its seated in that grove that's not beveled, it'll pop out as soon as you start the truck other wise! Push it up a little more after the first grove and check to make sure its in right.

Thanks for all the advice. I just got everything I ordered in today, and got everything ready to put in. Drilled out the new transgo spacer plate, and got everything situated. Now I need about 3 hrs and my buddy to get his car outta my pit.