Factory Sub Extract To Add New Amp

I disconnected toe OEM sub when I first bought the truck last year. I added a custom 8" ported enclosure under the rear seat running from a Phoenix XS2500. I've been wanting to pull the factory sub enclosure for a while now but I knew it was quite a chore. I attacked that job yesterday. I also recently purchased another amp to run the fronts which are MB Quart components. That amp is a Phoenix Gold XS2300. I've been searching for a clean working XS2300 for months. The new XS2300 now sits in the center console where the OEM sub was. It the amp was any bigger it would not have fit.

So, anyway, here are the pics of that job....

IMG_2922.jpg

IMG_2923.jpg

IMG_2924.jpg

IMG_2925.jpg

IMG_2926.jpg

IMG_2928.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

IMG_2931.jpg

IMG_2932.jpg

IMG_2933.jpg

IMG_2934.jpg

ok so i have been wondering for a while about the weight of the factory bose system under the center consol, my thoughts are running alpine subs under the rear seat and making it all fit under the rear seat amps crossovers everything to be able to take it out when i race my truck in one nice box package is it worth taking the factoty stuff out does it weigh anything trying to put my truck on a diet and be able to remove as much weight as possible and i feel if i do the aftermarket audeo stuff that i want to do that i can make it removable and all in the back.......40 50 lbs here and there adds up right now i can drop almost 500lbs in an hour any thought i know i sound crazy but less it weighs the faster it goes

Thanks Justin.

ok so i have been wondering for a while about the weight of the factory bose system under the center consol, my thoughts are running alpine subs under the rear seat and making it all fit under the rear seat amps crossovers everything to be able to take it out when i race my truck in one nice box package is it worth taking the factoty stuff out does it weigh anything trying to put my truck on a diet and be able to remove as much weight as possible and i feel if i do the aftermarket audeo stuff that i want to do that i can make it removable and all in the back.......40 50 lbs here and there adds up right now i can drop almost 500lbs in an hour any thought i know i sound crazy but less it weighs the faster it goes

You're totally right. Weight matters. The subwoofer assembly alone is 6 lbs 3.5oz

IMG_2936.jpg

The BOSE amp is another 6 lbs or so. I left that in there though.