First Impressions and Tons of New Pictures!!

Mervz

Was the unveiling at the 'Vette Museum for media only? I sure would have liked to have driven up there from Nashville and seen it in person. Great job on the write-up and pics! Any idea if it will be at the Nashville Autoshow this year?

BTW - This is my first post and I must say you guys do an excellent job with the Silverado SS info. Can't wait to find out more.

• Admin
Was the unveiling at the 'Vette Museum for media only? I sure would have liked to have driven up there from Nashville and seen it in person. Great job on the write-up and pics! Any idea if it will be at the Nashville Autoshow this year?

BTW - This is my first post and I must say you guys do an excellent job with the Silverado SS info. Can't wait to find out more.

it was public, and at the 2002 Corvette/Firebird Gathering.

Chevrolet allowed me to pull it away from the groups of people for 4 private photoshoots. B)

Hmmmm, "has the capability to hold the Lightning off till at least 60." Hmmmm, it does 0-60 in 5.2 seconds like the Lightning........ ahhhh.......... well......... ahhhhh......... NO !!!!

The only way it will hold it off till 60 is if the Lightning is sitting in a puddle of water.

I'm sorry, I think it is a nice truck..... but I think that is carrying it a bit far. 600 more pounds, 35 less horsepower and 70 less lbs ft of torque does not make things equal, just because of AWD. If you talk to Lightning owners, most of them will tell you how well they hook.

BTW, Lightnings get more payload for '03. Up to 1400 in the bed. We will be buying the springs for ours.

Oh, other than that..... great article. It was very well written. :)

I have to agree with Extreme 4X4 on this one. It is a very nice looking truck but there is no way it will stay with a Lightning, I dought it will even stay with a supercharged Harley truck. The Denalis run a mid 15 in the 1/4 mile? Club Cab Dakota R/Ts run low 15s, regular cabs run a few tenths faster, and if they are modded they go all the way down to the 13s natually asperated. I saw this at last years Truckin nationals, looked at a few of them and they didn't have much work in them at all and were running low 14s and high 13s, not to mention the ones with superchargers and turbos giving the Lightnings fits. I don't know if I want to be driving around in an SS avoiding the other muscle trucks on the street. With lower rear gears and the extra twenty HP, the SS might cut five tenths of the Denali's time. For the projected 38 K I think a supercharger would of made it worth it. The Harleys are supercharged and have lether and all and the sticker is 38K loaded( I here most are going for 33K).

Archived