First Impressions and Tons of New Pictures!!

Mervz

• Admin
Hmmmm, "has the capability to hold the Lightning off till at least 60." Hmmmm, it does 0-60 in 5.2 seconds like the Lightning

I think your being a little optimistic there..... A stock Lightning cannot do 5.2. :rolleyes:

Hey guys love the new 03 trucks my dad just got an 03 Z71, he would have waited for the SS but after looking at how much HP its getting versus the Lightnings and the new srt-10ram he didnt want the slowest muscle truck out there, im sure GM will wake it up in the future, I mean the all wheel drive is going to allow for some good launches so the grip will be there for a turbo or maybe even the 8.1 :o im hoping as well as all of us, but yeah I love the truck I cant stand the people that are criticizing it just wait in a couple of years it will own.

Hmmmm, "has the capability to hold the Lightning off till at least 60." Hmmmm, it does 0-60 in 5.2 seconds like the Lightning

I think your being a little optimistic there..... A stock Lightning cannot do 5.2. :rolleyes:

You are right...... I was being optimistic...... It actually does 0-60 in 5.24 seconds, so sorry. :rolleyes:

If you want your proof, you can go to the July/August 2002 issue of Truck Trend which did an article entitled High-Output 3-Way. They tested the Lightning against the Dakota R/T against the Toyota S-Runner TRD.

I seriously doubt that Motor Trend/Truck Trend is in Fords pocket, or is lying.

Next :D

I dought it will even stay with a supercharged Harley truck.

I'm not an expert and we have no hard facts other than the specs we have been told regarding the SSS. From everything I understand, the primary competition for the SSS is the Harley Davidson Ford (not the Lightning). The trucks are both fully loaded inside and have some similarities outside too. I see the AWD as an advantage for the Chevy. Some may say that the supercharger for the Ford is an advantage. If this is true, the facts wash out and at worse case scenario you have roughly equal trucks. Depending on the drivers, I have to imagine that the AWD Chevy would be easier for a novice to take off in than the rear wheel drive Ford. Again, it would depend on the driver though. In any case, I personally would be very happy if the AWD turns out to be a larger advantage than most people are expecting and will take off faster than a the average trucks on the road!

Justin

• 4 weeks later...

Archived