New Vortech Blower... Top Mount!

some pics i snaped off at a buddies shop up here in idaho. thought i would share the pics. the blower is on a 08-09 scsb silvy , he said it produces 10lbs of boost @ 2000rpms!!

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m1/mtb_...03/IMG_0010.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m1/mtb_...03/IMG_0011.jpg

Seen it on vortech's site awhile back, kinda wondering why they starting making those when they are known for centrifugal type. If i had the spare cash i would consider my options on swapping

kinda wondering why they starting making those when they are known for centrifugal type.

I'm going to venture out and guess maybe its because the market is somewhat saturated with centrifigal kits for most makes and models (paxton, vortech, procharger, powerdyne, etc) and Vortech also might have realized that the new TVS (funny how theirs is VTS?) is a show stealing piece. The TVS could basically have cornered the GM after market in most applications had Vortech not responded. The G8's, the GTO's, the GM Trucks, the new Camaros, the CTS-V's, the C5 and C6 vettes, many of them are turning to the magnacharger kits for their power demands and they work well, whether it was the old 112 or 122 or the new TVS. Also, it looks like Vortech is going after the custom tuner market. They are introducing a 3.3L twin screw along with the 2.3L. I'm guessing the TVS is only a 2.3L correct? If so, perhaps some after market swappers for the ZR1 and new CTS V might consider a 3.3L swap if the blower proves to be more efficient? I think its good to see some competition emerging amongst the positive deplacement crowd. Aside from the one off kenne belle's and whipples here and there, Magnacharger seems to have been the only real player in the positive displacement field for quite some time for modern engines. Hell, even Trick flow took the magnacharger 112 design and stamped trick flow on it and started selling it...Edelbrock is now building a positive displacement blower for mustangs too.

Heres the link to their website with more info and there is a dyno video of an otherwise stock 5.3L 2008 GM Silverado...

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/global...k=406&cat=1

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

Keep in mind that this vortech is true twin screw not a hybrid like tha magnuson, and in theory it should performe very well. Keep an eye out for these since this is what whipple could be if they only had better support for the GM crowd.

I'm going to venture out and guess maybe its because the market is somewhat saturated with centrifigal kits for most makes and models (paxton, vortech, procharger, powerdyne, etc) and Vortech also might have realized that the new TVS (funny how theirs is VTS?) is a show stealing piece. The TVS could basically have cornered the GM after market in most applications had Vortech not responded. The G8's, the GTO's, the GM Trucks, the new Camaros, the CTS-V's, the C5 and C6 vettes, many of them are turning to the magnacharger kits for their power demands and they work well, whether it was the old 112 or 122 or the new TVS. Also, it looks like Vortech is going after the custom tuner market. They are introducing a 3.3L twin screw along with the 2.3L. I'm guessing the TVS is only a 2.3L correct? If so, perhaps some after market swappers for the ZR1 and new CTS V might consider a 3.3L swap if the blower proves to be more efficient? I think its good to see some competition emerging amongst the positive deplacement crowd. Aside from the one off kenne belle's and whipples here and there, Magnacharger seems to have been the only real player in the positive displacement field for quite some time for modern engines. Hell, even Trick flow took the magnacharger 112 design and stamped trick flow on it and started selling it...Edelbrock is now building a positive displacement blower for mustangs too.

Heres the link to their website with more info and there is a dyno video of an otherwise stock 5.3L 2008 GM Silverado...

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/global...k=406&cat=1

haha ... thats my buddies truck in the link... the red one!!!