Bought Me A Dd

nice DD , now you can start doing more with your truck since its not a DD or do like me blow it up forcing you to buy a new DD lol

lol...no no no...I just want to be able to do stuff to my truck with out rushing because its my only vehicle..as for the GTP I have already been told to pully down on it but I'm not modding it any further.

Great ride Brad for a great price. I had a 1999 GTX from SLP and a 2000 GTP coupe as well. Let me advise you to reconsider to "pulley" it down. Throwing a smaller pulley on an otherwise stock GTP can be very hazardous to the motor. Remember, it does not have an intercooler, at all. Typically, to drop the pulley from the factory 3.8" to say a 3.4" or 3.5" requires supporting mods like a good tune, typically headers, and exhaust. Anything beyond that requries at least a cam and/or intercooler. I speak from experience, trust me. If its your DD and you dont want to invest too much into it, leave it stock is my advice. Adding hp decreases the motor life and the trans life in those cars. 4T65E HD is a piece of junk just like the 4L65E, however, if left alone, it will last a long time.

Just in case you have not found an online forum for those cars yet, www.clubgp.com has been around for over a decade and is an excellent source for info, parts, tech support, etc.

Time to line-up with the Begal :devil::devil::devil:

Mr. P. :)

lol..I cant hang

Great ride Brad for a great price. I had a 1999 GTX from SLP and a 2000 GTP coupe as well. Let me advise you to reconsider to "pulley" it down. Throwing a smaller pulley on an otherwise stock GTP can be very hazardous to the motor. Remember, it does not have an intercooler, at all. Typically, to drop the pulley from the factory 3.8" to say a 3.4" or 3.5" requires supporting mods like a good tune, typically headers, and exhaust. Anything beyond that requries at least a cam and/or intercooler. I speak from experience, trust me. If its your DD and you dont want to invest too much into it, leave it stock is my advice. Adding hp decreases the motor life and the trans life in those cars. 4T65E HD is a piece of junk just like the 4L65E, however, if left alone, it will last a long time.

Just in case you have not found an online forum for those cars yet, www.clubgp.com has been around for over a decade and is an excellent source for info, parts, tech support, etc.

I have no intentions of modding this car..I think it does have a 3.5 pulley on it from hat the guy told me..It does have a custome tune. I don't plan on hot rodding it and anyone who knows me personally can tell ya I won't..lol

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

Thats fine and I assumed you wouldnt be hot rodding it. I would just recommend getting someone with HPT or autotap or other scanning software to just make sure you arent seeing any KR with that 3.5 and make sure the tune is done properly. Just a precaution, because I've popped my fair share of L67 motors when everyone was learning things back in the day.

Thats fine and I assumed you wouldnt be hot rodding it. I would just recommend getting someone with HPT or autotap or other scanning software to just make sure you arent seeing any KR with that 3.5 and make sure the tune is done properly. Just a precaution, because I've popped my fair share of L67 motors when everyone was learning things back in the day.

I have efi live...I think the guy told me that who ever tuned it locked it..But i can still log it and see if there are any problems.

Thanks man I appreciate the info.