Trying To Figure Out Engine Oils

zachm89

Has anyone ever or currently using Valvoline VR-1 Racing or VR-1 Synthetic Racing oil in their SSS? Any other opinions on oil to use would be appreciated, not looking to spend an arm and a leg to change my oil, just wanted some insight.

Thanks

Has anyone ever or currently using Valvoline VR-1 Racing or VR-1 Synthetic Racing oil in their SSS? Any other opinions on oil to use would be appreciated, not looking to spend an arm and a leg to change my oil, just wanted some insight.

Thanks

I run the Valvoline VR-1 10W-30 (non-synthetic) with 4 ounces of ZDDP plus additive in my 408. I know it is overkill with a roller cam however the added insurance with an aggressive valvetrain can't hurt IMHO.

Any particular oil by amsoil? looking at their website they have several to pick from. and one problem with them is there is no one in my area that carries amsoil so id have to order it :\ im thinking i will stick to valvoline

I am a dealer for Amsoil,so I could get it to you

I use the ATM 10W-30

Valvoline is good also though

Any particular oil by amsoil? looking at their website they have several to pick from. and one problem with them is there is no one in my area that carries amsoil so id have to order it :\ im thinking i will stick to valvoline
Edited by Wheatley (see edit history)

I am a dealer for Amsoil,so I could get it to you

I use the ATM 10W-30

Valvoline is good also though

what does ams oil do differently than Royal Purple? I am currently running royal purple and I defiantly love it, but I'm always looking for better!

well, what would be the cost of 6 quarts shipped to longview, tx 75604. also going to be looking into doing a tune for my next mod, so ill be getting in touch with you for that. might just make the drive down to katy.