bose sterio

impalarasser

As I understand the Bose system in the C3 had 8. (my uncle has one)

The problem with the system is that all the stereoshops are having a bitch of a time tieing into it. My uncle has been trying to have subs installed for a long time and the very few shops that said they could do it are charging OUTRAGEOUS prices to install them because of the supposed nearly impossible interface they have.

Good luck if you want to add components to it man. :thumbs:

There are 2 speakers in the grill of the front doors, two little tweeters on the front windshield pillar, and another speaker on each rear door. The Bose system sounds really good!!! I've about decided not to add a subwoofer or amp it sounds so good.

Another thing thats cool is that the outside mirrors fold in with the touch of a button!!!

the newer gm radio's will all be difficult to tie into. the bose should already have a subwoofer. it is located under the center console. it's by far the best gm has had in a pickup yet. still doesn't compete with the trailblazer bose system, but not half bad.

I had a friend do one and he put the rca converter somewhere near the amp..can't remember if it is before or after..but the necessary wires were easy to find in the console..sounded pretty good..he added two 8 in subs and it helped add a little extra bass.

It isn't as hard as one might think (to add aftermarket stereo equipment). I will be doing up a modest system to compete in IASCA as I have done for numerous years. Once I get my SS, I will be able to assist.

TEAM HERTZ

'99 dB Drag world champions Extreme 1-2

173.6dB

You might want to check out the discussion at gm-trucks.com in the Audio/Electronics section.

GM-Trucks.com Audio/Electronics

Replacing the head unit is apparently quite a pain as you need an adapter cable to relocate the stock head unit (disconnecting it cause problems with other systems in the truck).

Thread about repacing stock radio

Personally, I think I will be happy with the stock setup. Between improving stock stereo systems and my aging ears, I think I will leave well enough alone with that mess.

You might want to check out the discussion at gm-trucks.com in the Audio/Electronics section.

Replacing the head unit is apparently quite a pain as you need an adapter cable to relocate the stock head unit (disconnecting it cause problems with other systems in the truck).

Personally, I think I will be happy with the stock setup. Between improving stock stereo systems and my aging ears, I think I will leave well enough alone with that mess.

Yes, alot of the computer diagonsitics that the dealership does reads out through the factory head unit.

I STRONGLY RECOMEND you not do anything to it until you have spoken with your dealer. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I think I will be happy with the stock setup.  Between improving stock stereo systems and my aging ears, I think I will leave well enough alone with that mess.

Yes, alot of the computer diagonsitics that the dealership does reads out through the factory head unit.

I STRONGLY RECOMEND you not do anything to it until you have spoken with your dealer. :eek:

There are 7 speakers in the SS "BOSE" sound system. There are two speakers in the rear doors, two speakers in the front doors, two speakers in the "A" pillars by the windshield and a sub-woofer in the front of the center floor console. Your amplifier for this system is in the bottom of the center floor console. Be careful with these new GM sound systems. They are tied to the "Truck Body Controller" or computer. The radio will not turn on if it finds out the vehicle VIN isn't the same as when it was programed at the factory. It checks with the TBC every time you start your vehicle. If the radio has been tampered with it will shut down. :cry: Have any stereo work done by a proffesional so you don't lose your system altogether.

:confused:

Archived