Camera Guys

mcmahan

ok so my wife decided she wanted to drop our camera in the sand twice at the beach. after i got it all cleaned out it came on but the lense didnt retract out. so when i got home i blew it out with computer cleaner and compressed air. the lense came out but it will not focus on anything its blurry. is there something i can do to fix it or do i need to trash it and get a better one.

oh its a kodak m1033 10mp

thanks in advance Justin

ok so my wife decided she wanted to drop our camera in the sand twice at the beach. after i got it all cleaned out it came on but the lense didnt retract out. so when i got home i blew it out with computer cleaner and compressed air. the lense came out but it will not focus on anything its blurry. is there something i can do to fix it or do i need to trash it and get a better one.

oh its a kodak m1033 10mp

thanks in advance Justin

I have a Nikon D40 and love it!

I have the Nikon D60 and love it. Try taking the camera to a shop and see if they can fix it up for ya.

tried that right after posting this. its gonna cost me more to fix it than i paid for it. wtf!!!!!!!

Best to use it as a paperwieght now. Most reputible camera shops won't touch it if they find sand in it. Problem is that it requires complete disassembly of the camera to get all the sand out. It only takes 1-2 grains of sand in the wrong place to stop it from working so it's hard to warrant the repair.

For that style of camera take a look at the Pentax W60. It's waterproof and pretty much sand proof. Has a good lens that does not extend or retract mechanically. Does it internally with the optics. Around 8mp (don't remember) for about $250.00.

In a DSLR the Nikon D40 & D60 are both good cameras as is almost anything Nikon. Not good around sand or water though.

Best to use it as a paperwieght now. Most reputible camera shops won't touch it if they find sand in it. Problem is that it requires complete disassembly of the camera to get all the sand out. It only takes 1-2 grains of sand in the wrong place to stop it from working so it's hard to warrant the repair.

For that style of camera take a look at the Pentax W60. It's waterproof and pretty much sand proof. Has a good lens that does not extend or retract mechanically. Does it internally with the optics. Around 8mp (don't remember) for about $250.00.

In a DSLR the Nikon D40 & D60 are both good cameras as is almost anything Nikon. Not good around sand or water though.

thanks i figured that much it just makes me ill cause i just got it like 2 months ago at the most i was looking at the pentax x70 also

Most point and shoot cameras have come way down in price!! Spend a few more hundred and get a decent DSLR or upgrade to a nice point and shoot, Depends on what you are looking for in a camera!!

I would buy your wife a disposable camera, and buy yourself the D60. :D

BTW...I agree!!!

Most point and shoot cameras have come way down in price!! Spend a few more hundred and get a decent DSLR or upgrade to a nice point and shoot, Depends on what you are looking for in a camera!!

BTW...I agree!!!

i am looking for a DSLR 12mp or higher. im gonna spend a little bit. on a new one. im tired of bs cameras so im gonna get something pricey and keep it out of the wifes hands lol.

not wanting to spend thousands but 500-1000 at the most

The Nikon D40,60, and 90 are all good options for a DSLR. But like was stated earlier it all depends on what you will be using the camera for. I have a Nikon D200, and the Wife has a Nikon D300, but for just vacation pics and just normal day to day pics of the kids and what not we have a Nikon Coolpix S230.

If you are going to be using the camera strictly for photoshoots or what not where the environment will be fairly controlled then a DSLR is the way to go. If it is for daily use, such as vacations or family outings and such a good point and shoot is what you'd want due to the light weight and ease of carrying it around.

Personally I have lugged the D200 around the zoo. And after, I swore I would never do it again cause they start feeling quite heavy and burdensome.

The Nikon D40,60, and 90 are all good options for a DSLR. But like was stated earlier it all depends on what you will be using the camera for. I have a Nikon D200, and the Wife has a Nikon D300, but for just vacation pics and just normal day to day pics of the kids and what not we have a Nikon Coolpix S230.

If you are going to be using the camera strictly for photoshoots or what not where the environment will be fairly controlled then a DSLR is the way to go. If it is for daily use, such as vacations or family outings and such a good point and shoot is what you'd want due to the light weight and ease of carrying it around.

Personally I have lugged the D200 around the zoo. And after, I swore I would never do it again cause they start feeling quite heavy and burdensome.

i am going to start photography classes soon i love shooting cars/trucks, landscape, ect..... i think thats why iam going to go ahead and get a good dslr.

Just as a thought to consider when buying a new DSLR is that Nikon and Pentax have kept their lens mounts the same for many years. This means that you can buy older cheaper lenses and they will still work on the digital bodies. Can't do that with any other brands. The Canon EOS line of lenses will fit the new bodies and Minolta Maxxum Lenses will fit the new Sony bodies but the older manual focus lenses won't work except with Nikon and Pentax and you will obviously lose some features such as anti-shake, auto-focus and some program modes. The advantage is that you can pick up some really killer older lenses for next to nothing now because people don't know that they still work on the new cameras.

Good luck with whatever you buy. It's almost as addicting as cars/trucks. :D