Problem With 04 Sss. Have 2 Codes.

Blown 346

Latley I have been having 2 issues with my 04 SSS.

Everytime I try and put gas in it, the nozzle clicks and stops me from pumping. I hear a gurgling sound coming form the gas neck and have wait for that to stop to contiunue pumping. Then again the pump stops me.

Here are the codes Im pulling.

P0446 Evap Emissions Control System Vent Circuit Malfunction. I got underneath the truck, disconnected the hose that connects to the gas neck. Checked it for blockages, there were none. I put it back together.

P0101 Maf or VAF CKT Range Performance. I removed the MAF and throttle body and cleaned them. The Maf was barely dirty. the throttle body was bad.

Even after cleaning etc, I still get this code.

Any help with either situation(preferrably the first one) would be great.

the p0446 is a bad evap vent solenoid....seems to be a common problem, and sometimes is accompanied by a p0455 evap gross leak. as far as the maf sensor if you have cleaned it, then check the maf pid with a scan tool see what it has for voltage, but its most likely bad.. you can try resetting the keep alive memory ( disconnect ur batt for 15 mins)

it'll take 3-4 starts and some driving around for the codes to clear if you resolved the problem

if your impatient just unhook the battery and wait a few minutes, then re-install

:)

seems to be a common problem

Understatement of the year!! EVERY GM truck at some point will need this done. Their is a big issue with them going bad. Their is a TSB on it and what is rec is to relocate the vent valve. The kit that the valve comes with has you relocate it up to the front of the bed (can't remember exact position)

Rob

Understatement of the year!! EVERY GM truck at some point will need this done. Their is a big issue with them going bad. Their is a TSB on it and what is rec is to relocate the vent valve. The kit that the valve comes with has you relocate it up to the front of the bed (can't remember exact position)

Rob

........................ :rolleyes: ..........Great, something else to replace in the future....... :jester: .....Maybe by the time my son inherits this truck, it will have been totally rebuilt.......................... :lol:

........................ :rolleyes: ..........Great, something else to replace in the future....... :jester: .....Maybe by the time my son inherits this truck, it will have been totally rebuilt.......................... :lol:

LMFAO

Start saving for collage and TSB's