Driver Side Troubles,header

angels05ss

whats up guys,has anyone had trouble installing the driver side header??? im having hell :banghead: ,do i have to remove the front driveshaft and the intermediate steering shaft to get the header in....i tried going from the bottom up but no luck.any tips will be helpfull thx

if your putting them in from top the steering shaft needs to me disconnected , from under there is no way you can do it with the d shaft in . but the steering shaft can stay in.

i never had any problems installing LT's on my 2003 4x4, didnt have to remove the driveshaft putting them in from the bottom at all. never even thought about it really, didnt have any clearance issues at all. :dunno:

Same here. I never had any issues installing my pace setters from the bottom on the drivers side. Maybe OBX/Dynatechs are a differernt story? The Pace Setters slipped right up. I've had them off completely once more and installed them again with no issues. Huh...

what are yall talking about??? :wtf: if u get the front tires off the ground about 6 inches they EASILY slide in from the bottom reguardless of awd or 4wd. i have an 03 which is awd lol. took me 10 minutes to get the driver side header in with the truck on jack stands. now if u have OBX i might see how that one that comes up might come into play but my pacesetters slid right in.

this is with the ORY already on. that took maybe 30 seconds after i got the header in

DSC00124.jpg

ok guys,i got the steering shaft off....now how hard is it to remove the front driveshaft???? will the boot have to be replaced???

You should have enough room if you just unbolt the front-end of the driveshaft from the front axle - use a 7/16" wrench and undo the 4 bolts retaining the front u-joint, and then use a large pry bar or screwdriver to separate the ujoint from it's saddle; swing the driveline aside and slip the header into place from underneath. You may discover (on some headers) that you need a lot of height under the truck so make sure you have your jackstands as tall as you safely can.

Mr. P.