Corsa

I've searched everything about Corsa exhaust and couldn't find anything about my question: My question is: why wouldn't Corsa just sell their mufflers? Isn't the exhaust tubing the same as the stock ones? I wrote them and they said that it had something to do with the tuning of their exhaust system. Is this true about the tuning or could the muffler just be replaced? It would be a hell of a lot cheaper.

the corsa is a single in/single out muffler. The stock exhaust on an SS truck is dual in/out. so it could have something to do with the tuning down into the single piping. not sure how the exhaust is on the 07 vmax but i would assume being the 6.0L that the stock exhaust would be dual in/out like the SS. but basically thats them saying "we want you to spend money for the whole kit, not get your exhaust shop to throw in a y-pipe and weld in our muffler" they want you to pay for their y pipe, their muffler, their tailpipe & tips. im sure with some looking you can probably find someone selling just the muffler...i think someone was selling one on here not too long ago. hope this helps

the corsa is a single in/single out muffler. The stock exhaust on an SS truck is dual in/out. so it could have something to do with the tuning down into the single piping. not sure how the exhaust is on the 07 vmax but i would assume being the 6.0L that the stock exhaust would be dual in/out like the SS. but basically thats them saying "we want you to spend money for the whole kit, not get your exhaust shop to throw in a y-pipe and weld in our muffler" they want you to pay for their y pipe, their muffler, their tailpipe & tips. im sure with some looking you can probably find someone selling just the muffler...i think someone was selling one on here not too long ago. hope this helps

Thanks I can of thought the same thing and yes my exhaust is a dual in/ single out. I really don't need their y-pipe, i was planning on getting the whole ARH set up. Which is more restricted, single in or dual in on the mufflers?

restrictions are really based on which muffler you go with and the size of the pipes. if youre running say a dual in/out muffler like a flowmaster 60 or 70 series with more baffles, it will be more restrictive than the corsa which has a straight through design. and on the flip side you can get into that area where your exhaust is too "free flowing" unless you have other engine mods to compensate. example: running dual 3" pipes from the headers back with no other engine upgrades like air intake/cam/tune things like that you wont benefit as much from not having any back pressure.

right now on my SS im running stock manifolds, cats and intermediate pipe with 2 flowmaster single chamber race mufflers with no other mods really. Once i get my air intake, headers and cam ill be running dual 3" pipes. anything over that is too big imo