?transfer Case Fluid

I just reading threw some old post see conflicting advice on which fluid to use on the transfer case? Can I use royal purple, or gm auto track my truck is a 03 AWD. Which fluid would be the best and recommended to use? Thanks for any help wanted to change tommorow.

my 2003 manual says "Transfer Case (All Wheel Drive)-Dexron III Automatic Transmission fluid."

edit-hopefully get to meet ya sometime soon (maybe LVD in the fall). Your truck sounds BA from your mods list. :chevy:

Thanks yeah hopefully I can make it. Yeah I cant stop modding lol.

I am from ct and i have been lookin for your truck. lol.

seen a couple red ones here and there but was never close enough to tell if it was blown or not.

Do u have the factory hood or is it aftermarket?

The blue synthetic GM Autotrac II fluid over the tranny fluid IMHO. With the viscous clutch design, it helps with noise (as well as the Autotrac style T-cases). I believe there is a TSB on it...next time you are at the dealer, ask about it.

stock hood, my truck looks all stock. Wanted it to be a sleeper. What part of CT you in? Thanks everyone for the advice.

NVM lol I remember where you are from. Yeah mostly in Bristol, Cheshire, and Wallingford.

So I went and got gm auto track for the transfer case. I picked up royal purple 75-90 for rear diff, and valvoline 80-90 for the front diff. Is 80-90 the right stuff for the front diff? in mr.p hot to I saw that he used 80-90 thats why i picked it up. Thanks guys for all the help :cheers:

The blue synthetic GM Autotrac II fluid over the tranny fluid IMHO. With the viscous clutch design, it helps with noise (as well as the Autotrac style T-cases). I believe there is a TSB on it...next time you are at the dealer, ask about it.

:withstupid: I use AutoTrak II as well. Bought a few quarts at the local Chevy dealer (when he was still here). :chevy:

Edited by Hankg42 (see edit history)