test drove a CTS-V today

SSMANIAC

hello

went to the dealer today to fix one of my parkning lights that was retaining water some how, they were replacing the light when I looked into the lot an saw this Black CTS in the back. somehow it look different than the others so I decided to take a look at it, the front grill had like a look of a billet grill and as i was walking behind it I notice the V badging woooow. 400hp ls6 with a 6 speed tranny. My salesman dropped around and ask me if I wanted to go for a ride! :D So i did, what a thrill that car was of course i didn't get to open it too much because i had him scared shit less next to me :lol: every thing was good until i got to the price, 53K MSRP. I think it is worth the price but too much for me though, specially for a rear wheel drive car that i can not drive in the winter outhere. although the traction control worked real good when i drove it :D i don't think those 18 inch low profile tires will do me any good IN THE SNOW. :lol: IF ONLY I LIVED DOWN SOUTH :cry:

:seeya:

I love scaring salesman. :devil: Thats how you can tell who is a car person and who isn't. :jester: Thats probably not a fair statement though. I know some great salesmen who love cars but have no tolerence for velocity. :lol::lol::lol:

Knew those tactical driving classes would come in handy! :lol::seeya:

I remember test driving a BMW 740iL, gunning it, and drifting around a 90 degree corner. I thought the salesman was going to break the back of the seat he pushed against it so hard... :D

I drove the the CTS-V, I did'nt like it. The seat was tighter then my Z06, and the power was more sluglish then the Z.

BTW, all the salesguys that know me, just give me the keys. They know better then to get in with me. The only time I get a doner, is when the guys have a newbe they want me to break in. :eek:

One time i took a salesman for a ride in a 2001 SS camaro when they were new. I got onto a little side street and totally pinned it 1st, then slammed 2nd. He looked pretty scared and asked me "do you know we are going 65 in a 25". All i said was "yeah" and kept driving. Good times :D

I took a test drive once of a 328i Convertible with a Saleslady plus my 2 kids in the back, top down of course. About 5 minutes into the drive she suggested a route over some railroad tracks and a long sweeper. So...I turned off the feeder and accelerated to cross the RR tracks at probably 50, and was going 80+ in a 35 zone through the sweeper with the tail end hanging out. No reponse. Then I went through an empty parking lot she suggested and did some weaving, etc with lots of tire squeal. No response. So I asked her, aren't you a little concerned not knowing me or my ability?

Her response was.....you have your kids in the back.....I figured you know what you are doing! The she proceeded to tell me the only time she got scared on a demo was when an elderly man did a bat turn(or whatever you call it) at high speed. I wish I had thought of that!

I drove the the CTS-V, I did'nt like it. The seat was tighter then my Z06, and the power was more sluglish then the Z.

BTW, all the salesguys that know me, just give me the keys. They know better then to get in with me. The only time I get a doner, is when the guys have a newbe they want me to break in. :eek:

Sluggish? I notice a lot of things but sluggish was not one of them!! :lol: the six speed tranny was a breeze to shift and the steering felt so firm wit a lot of feedback, i could tell everything that the car was doing or wanted to do :D my salesman knows how i am and always told me that if he ever gets into racing, he will give me a call, bunch of BS to sell a car i think. I was impressed with the performance and the sleeper look. i think that a good programming will make that car a hard to beat sleeper. sinister did you get yours yet? i bet you are a little anxious right now. :lol: nice ride though enjoy it :cheers: we will have to match it up with gm's Z and see the results. oooh by the way the clutch on that car smells so good after being broken in is ridiculous :lol:

:seeya:

My '05 V is on order. No target production window yet, but I'm guessing the car should be built in mid to late June.

The engine in the V I test drove seemed extremely tight. These LSx engines take forever to break-in and make full power.

I test drove a convertable Vette one day, I was doing around 80, had the top down, and the salesman thought he was funny so he yelled Statie and pointed toward the meridian, I stomped on the brakes and he started laughing. Just kidding he said. I was not amused, I took the next exit to head back to the dealership, heads up display was nice, saw it hit 130 just as I was back on the highway. He didn't say a word until I pulled off the highway again. What a hammerhead. :smash:

Archived