Just Found Out

wild2003ss

I'm sorry to hear this dude. Just keep thinking positive and things will work out. My dad found out a few months ago that he has cancer and has been dealing with it since and has been doing well.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry to hear this situation. Stay strong, keep positive thoughts and try to make her laugh as much as possible. When I have overnight stays at the hospital my mom always stays with me and tries crack jokes with me the whole time and nothing is more comforting than having a smile on my face when going through that ish.

My prayers go out to you, your mother and family.

I am very sorry to hear of this my friend. First and foremost, your mother will be in my thoughts and prayers. My mother and grandmother are both breast cancer survivors. I know exactly what you are going through right now. I was just a young teen when my mother was diagnosed with stage IIB. It was very hard for me to keep it together for quite a while. As you would expect I thought the worst at the beginning. The biggest thing is for your family to always stay posititve and stay on-top of treatments. Although the cancer was only found in one breast, my mother decided to have a double masectomy followed by ten rounds of chemotheraphy and 30 straight days of radiation. My grandmother followed a similar routine. I am happy to say that my mother is a 10 year survivor and my grandmother is a 5 year survivor.

This can be beat, it is important for you and the rest of your family to keep your mother positive through all of this! If you ever need anyone to talk to please do not hesitate!!

Teddy

Scott,

Keep your head up and keep a positive attitude. I went through a bout when I was 25. And I swear it when she beats it, she will become even a stronger person. Keep your head up, and we will think good thoughts.

Doug

You and your family will be in my prayers. My dad is a survivor of cancer and just like everybody said don't let it get you down. It can be beat. Everybody reacts differently to things like this and I know in my case, even if it was getting to me not to let it show to my dad. I just tried to act like it was no big deal and stay positive for him and treat him no differently than any other day. In other words, I didn't let him think about it too much. I pray everything turns out well.

im sorry to hear that man... i dont mean to sound like a broken record and repeat what everyones saying above, but i cant tell you enough how important the mental aspect of all this is. staying positive and driven is a huge part. i had some emotional tragidies happen midway, and it affected my treatment greatly. keep your spirits up and make sure you keep hers up as well. ill be praying for you and your family

No cancer is a good cancer. However breast cancer is less aggressive than other types (from what I hear). The breast can be removed with no physical problems to the body so the doctors can go in and take it all out without a hitch.

Good luck brother and keep us posted.

:(