Wating for my drop kit

BigTsBadSS

I did the spindles in the front and the shackles in the rear with 2 degree shims and love the stance and ride. I did not use the front spring hangers as it would have been too low for my liking. Some have experianced a vibration when trying to adjust the front tosion bars for more drop with the kit. Take a look at my old thread on the drop as it will explain alot. I love my kit!!!!!

I lowered mine just like 2004SS did. I had tried lowering just with the torsion bars but hated what it did to the ride, I had no travel left. I am very pleased with the spindles and would recommend them to anyone. I also have a thread on the install of the spindles. It was pretty easy and would say anyone with some mechanical ability can do it.

BigTsBadss I have 23's on my truck but didn't install my kit yet. I have the same question as you. I'm taking my truck to a place called Wheel to Wheel for them to check it out and make sure the tires won't rub. Wheel to Wheel are the ones that came up with the SS for GM. I will try to keep u posted.

Thanks bro would really appriciate if you find out. I went to a few rim shops they said they could do it but nobody gave me a striaght answer if it would rub. But I am still going to install the kit when I get it. Keep me updated thanks :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Finally installed the kit with my 23" rims. Everything went smooth I ended up only lower the back with the shakles. The truck sits perfect with the 23's the front does rub only when u turn sharp but its very light on the plastic nothing to be worried about. The truck does need a front end alignment so I only took a short ride around the block and had no problems. BigTsBadSS looking at your pics on got the same wheels and tires u got. Keep u posted after I get the alignment.

BigTsBadSS I do have the 23" Bazo B4 also I got my front end alignment and the truck rides beautiful no problems at all. Looking at your lowered pics u most of used the hangers to because your back looks lower than mine. Took mine to a crusie nite and the people were asking all kinds of questions about the truck so happy I lowered it.

BigTsBadSS I do have the 23" Bazo B4 also I got my front end alignment and the truck rides beautiful no problems at all. Looking at your lowered pics u most of used the hangers to because your back looks lower than mine. Took mine to a crusie nite and the people were asking all kinds of questions about the truck so happy I lowered it.

Please help me how did you get the front not to rub. What kind of tires you got. And please get some pic's up got to see your truck. PLEASE HELP me with this rubbing problem I am going crazy. :crazy::thumbs:

Archived