When Did Gm Start Chargin Cores On Ss Rims?

Billybeer

Wrongo--- There is a core charge on the wheels because the price of aluminum is up. At my work, we charge everyone 35-50 core charge on all wheels purchased. Check to see if they will take any alum wheel for the SS one, or if it has to be the same one purchased.

Can't find out if it has to be the same wheel, or if it has to be usable, that is why I think gm has no intention on giving the 50 back. He ordered a 22" alloy wheel yesterday for an escalade and it had no core on it. I have the feeling the stock it getting low on the ss wheels and they want to maximize the cash they get out of them.

I have no problem letting them have the rim I have, it is missing a 3 inch long chunk along the rim. If they say no the rim has to be rebuild able I will just sell for scape. I mean the rim weighs 27 pound or something so that's so I might get a 20 spot but would much prefer $50 back.

Wrongo--- There is a core charge on the wheels because the price of aluminum is up. At my work, we charge everyone 35-50 core charge on all wheels purchased. Check to see if they will take any alum wheel for the SS one, or if it has to be the same one purchased.

:withstupid:

I work at a dealership body shop. GM has been charging $50 cores on ALL their aluminum wheels for a while now- I'd say since Jan this year. I just wonder when Dodge & the others are going to start this "recyling plan".

That "core" price isn't something your getting back either. Either you buy a new wheel and give GM the old damaged one back, or the price on that new wheel goes up $50.00

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

I work at a dealership body shop. GM has been charging $50 cores on ALL their aluminum wheels for a while now- I'd say since Jan this year. I just wonder when Dodge & the others are going to start this "recyling plan".

That "core" price isn't something your getting back either. Either you buy a new wheel and give GM the old damaged one back, or the price on that new wheel goes up $50.00

i dont care how much gm stuff cost, if i want to replace my stuff with factory parts, i will buy from them... the next vehicle i buy my wife will be gm... i am not going to let ford win this one regardless of how much i pay.... to many americans have already lost jobs, i will support gm as much as i can.. and i think their prices did go down, priced some healight pins over 2 months ago at $10.44 a piece, just went to pick up a pair about 2-3 weeks ago and paid $10 for both :) THIS JAP LOVES CHEVY FTW!