Sqeeky front end

Hello everyone I'm new to this site and I have to say it is great! The first 30 minutes of browsing you guys anwsered all my questions. But I have a sqeek from what I thought was the left torsion bar. The truck has 600 miles on it and it really pisses me off. Anyone? p.s. I have to admit I'm a convert I have owned 3 ford diesels in the last 7 years this is my first chevy truck and I love it! thanks D

Sounds like the same problem a number of owners have had. Look at the shocks being the culprit. Do a search, you may find some more info. Some have had their shocks replaced under warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same noise and it was getting on my nerves as it would come and go.

I was 99.9% certain it was front suspension as it was over bumps and even while driving over rough roads.

There seems to be a problem on some of our rides with the parking brake cable position at the frame under driver.

Mine was worn bad enough that they changed cable and repositioned it,

When they called me to let me know my ride was ready and told me brake cable was problem, I was leary to say the least... Three weeks since repair...No more squeaking quiet as a mouse less the squeak...

Dr Mike

• 2 weeks later...

My SS had A noisy left shock. See Chevrolet bullitine #03-03-08-003 says this condition may be due to the front shock(s) not being centered in the frame hole resulting in metal to metal contact. Try turning the upper shock nut with a 15mm wrench 1/2 turn and see if the noise is gone. If so replace the upper shock bushing. :chevy:

Sounds like the same problem I have. When I turn the wheel sharp I get like a creeking noise. The dealer told me that it was the AWD that does that, and it was not fixable. However, they grease the front end (they said) and that seemed to quiet the sqweek down for the time being, but it's back. Do ya'll think I'm getting a raw deal, because it sounds likr BS to me?

Archived