Just Turned 100k Last Night, No Major Problems Yet

tawss04

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you guys don't mind a non-SSS chiming in. I have 122K and threw no.7 last week. But other than that, been a very strong and problem free motor as well as the truck as a whole. I've always kept up maintenance and haven't had to replace any hard parts on the truck aside from the usual maintenance and tune-up items like filters and such. I have a feeling if it weren't for the added 10lbs of boost, it might still be going. But now I have a great excuse to the wife for me to drop in that LQ9 I have coming in this week.

150,000 Fuel pump, high flow water pump, 4 new shocks, new wires and plugs, polly roll bar bushings and end links. just put a order for a F/L wheel hub. Its running great. For those thinking about shocks? do it, eddlebrock shocks and polly bushings on roll bar and end links really made the truck sick. I'm so happy with the SS! I'm looking forward to 200,000!

• 1 month later...
57K, original trans, front diff, etc. All is well in SS-land. Only issues, the notorious steering wheel clunk and an HVAC issue the dealer had to fix under warantee. Otherwise, :thumbs::chevy:

Same Here Steer Noise and The HVAC Issue For a While, Just did Not Feel Like Messing With it. Dorman Makes A Shaft That Does Not Clunk, I Had One But Put It On My Dads Tahoe. Both Rear Calipers Locked Up A Couple Of Weeks Ago, Luckily I Had A Couple Of New Ones Sitting On The Shelf. :D

143k...

6 wheel bears...dealer told me to buy non-GM from now on, they last longer

All synthetic fluids...you name it

steering clunk 3 times...last dealer fix was the trick

wires/plugs twice...just did em again

rotors/pads at 95k...replaced with aftermarket rotors/hawk pads

all maintainance was done before scheduled times...oil life at 20% etc

added bloack heater so it has never had a 'cold start' below 40 degrees...yeah I am OCD about my truck...lol

mods listed in my profile...

Plan on purchasing a LQ9 stock replacement GM crate motor to change at about 200k, just because I can pick one up for 3k with my GM discount and that is way cheaper than a new/low mileage SS I probably will get a crate trans at the same time...

needs...

tie rod inners...steering wheels shakes at times...prolly a battery before winter

110k here.

Just some small suspension problems and noises. ABS issue (think it's related to other things being off center and out of whack).

Trucks runs strong. Not as tight or as powerful anymore, but overall I'm pretty happy.

:cheers:

• 1 month later...

79k miles. nothing replaced but batt, front rotors and pads, plugs, manifold back exhaust, and tires. stock trans shifts hard and ive towed plenty of cars and my 96 all over florida. its been a trooper.

drive seat getting wore out on bolester, stock radio buttons wore off, sunroof messed up once not closing but been great since then. passenger door window little slow for past year but still good.

did start getting a left front wheel whine, and im fixing to redo whole suspension, but factory still rides smooth.

OHH YEAH. and that damn steering clunk i had fixed at 31k miles and came back at 38k right after warrenty was out. GM said o welll