Going Under The Knife....

lilmarv1117

Well I finally got the news the other day that I would require surgical repair of my right hip/pelvis. After almost 10 months of groin pain resulting from athletics/training, it was finally diagonsed as Sports Hernia. The good thing is that I was diagnosed by and going under the knife of the best and most published surgeon in this area. Dr. Meyers who has most notiable operated on Donavan McNabb, Kevin Curtis, and numerous other professional athletes over the recent yrs. I go under Weds. It will be probably a 4-6 wks rehab schedule before returning and luckily I get therapy for free!! Looks like I will be spending alot more time on here figuring out my mods on my truck! haha

Your lucky man, I am dealing with 2 hernias right now and they are still trying to diagnose other issues in my stomach/groin before cutting me open for the 2nd time this year. Expect the pain to be worse after surgery, just letting you know ahead of time.

How long is your recovery? I was told 2-3 months for mine....

Good luck man.

Your lucky man, I am dealing with 2 hernias right now and they are still trying to diagnose other issues in my stomach/groin before cutting me open for the 2nd time this year. Expect the pain to be worse after surgery, just letting you know ahead of time.

How long is your recovery? I was told 2-3 months for mine....

Good luck man.

Well my recovery will only be at most 6-8 weeks....A Hernia operation is a different surgery...Sports Hernia- the doctor will repair the lower abdomin (Rectus Abdominis) at it's insertion point and reconnect it to that site with a wider attachment. He will then clean the scar tissue development at origin of Adductor muscle of the leg (commonly referred to as the groin muscle), then inject cortisone for pain relief at that site. I will be back to running within 15 days and after 21 days it's all monitored based upon pain response with running/training/sports specific drills and lifting without restriction in 21 days as well...

If you dont mind me asking, what are your symptoms??? Please PM if you are more comfortable talking about it through PM....