Replaced Inter. Steering Shaft Still Clunking/vibrating

silveradosexy

I have had a lot of trouble with the steering in my '03 SS. I had the ISS replaced twice under warranty, truck only has 47,000 miles. One year ago I bought the borgeson shaft and had it installed, it fixed 90% of the problem but I still noticed a faint rattlilng. It just keeps getting worse now it clunks, vibrates, and rattles. I had the tires rotated and balanced with no improvement. I also have the rotors and pads on the front replaced a year ago, rotor and pads on rear were done a few months ago. No changes. I got under the hood and inspected it, I noticed I can turn the steering linkage with my hand and I hear a knock that may be coming from the gear box but I am not sure. What should I do next to further pin point the problem or does anybody now with some certainty what this is.

Edited by silveradosexy (see edit history)

what i noticed on mine was that where the intermediate shaft goes into the lower shaft for the gearbox thats where the rest of the clunking was coming from... even though the bolt was tight it was shifting. i threw some black rtv in the joint and so far so good