? On Obx Header Install

hossram64

No major issues. I had to take off the drivers side firewall corner heat shield and do alittle metal shaping on the corner to get it to clear one of the tubes. Also had to tie up the rear two spark plug wires on the drivers side so they wouldnt touch the header tubes. Simple issues

Soak all the old manifold flange bolts, manifold collector bolts, and 02 sensor bungs with WD40 daily for several days prior to the install....this will make removing them easier. DO NOT use air tools, your chance of rounding heads off and stripping threads is much greater with air tools. Replace your spark plugs/wires as part of the install, if you leave your old plugs in there is a strong chance that you will crack one during the install.... i recommend NGK TR6's(since you are blown) and Taylor 409 wires(short plug boots that work perfect around headers, no zip ties needed). Have at least one extra set of hands there to help you, and also have a sawzall handy just incase you round a bolt head off. Use OE GM or AC Delco 3-part metal shim manifold gaskets for your install. Finally coat all of the new header flange bolts and spark plug threads with anti-seize compound when installing them.

Go have some fun wrenching! ownedthumb.gif

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

So installed the kit let me tell you it was the easiest header install I have ever done. Two issues tho, One plugs hit headers I already fixed this. Two driver side hits the front drive shaft i'm going to use a hanger to pull it over. Where I made the slip connections I used some hi temp copper gasket maker to make sure it seals nice and I have no leaks. Also while putting new spark plug wires on I discoverd two of my plugs where almost all the way out. Now im just waiting on my ecm coming back from Wheatley :devil: .