2009 Summit Racing - All Gm Show

Holty

I think we ended up having a pretty good turn out. There were 7 of us, but only 4 trucks in our little group. I had a freakin BLAST though, what a great time! Well, all except for the events that transpired AFTER the show :(

Those in attendance:

Holty

Scott (wild2003ss)

Mark (Rockhead)

Bill (wkdivr)

Uncle Tom

Tom G.

Kenny

I can't believe i forgot my camera, but i did grab a few photos from another guy that was there.

l_9237bb67343645b9b94335f1954062db.jpg

l_525b574dc7bc4829bb6b887dac23ac51.jpg

l_470beac6535a4f9cb1dc349d129eed2a.jpg

l_7335395f7f024a368f25299d00ce8c4d.jpg

l_435c58493d584951a6cc1136dca192fb.jpg

Wow figures the one year I dont go to the show I miss out on meeting a few of you guys however I was at the Super Chevy Show in Bowling Green yesterday and got second place in the street class. Also on a side note Ill be in Springfield Tn this week if anyone is around these parts that would like to meet up just PM me oh and great pics of the Summit show thanks guys

O.K. Spill the beans...what happened? :uhoh:

Alright, so we're cruising home from the show, just stopped to get gas and had gotten back on the turnpike. Just cranked up the volume on the DVD (Fast N Furious in HD Widescreen) and got comfortable in the drivers seat. Passenger is watching the movie on the dash, backseat passenger fell asleep already lol. All of a sudden, my temp gauge sky rockets and bells are dinging, CEL, truck dies. I'm like "oh **** now what". I coast to the side of the road, pop the hood and find my shit is STEAMING hot. Coolant leaking everywhere, all over my truck, tailgate, and everyone behind me on the turnpike LOL. After a second of troubleshooting we found the lower radiator hose had fallen off because the clamp was not on all the way. Now keep in mind that hose has not been off the radiator since "the wreck" rebuild completed in August 2007. I have no idea how it hung on this long because it looked like the clamp was barely on to begin with. So anyway, no big deal, the clamp was still on the hose and wkdivr was still up at Summit hanging out with Rockhead (because myself, wild2003ss, Uncle Tom, Kenny, and Tom G. left early). I call up my buddy ole pal wkdivr and he brings some tools and coolant with the quickness. Meanwhile we're "chillin" on the side of I-76 EAST bound and DOWN! Actually, chilllin is not the adjective to use, as it was 92 degrees out LOL. So Bill (wkdivr) arrives about 30mins later and finds us goofin around on the side of the freeway lol. As you all know, there is not much room to work when dealing with the lower rad hose and those GM clamps are a real PITA. We could NOT get it to "lock open". We spent at least an hour, 5 guys, and a set of channel locks later we finally got the clamp on and started filling the rad with coolant. Of course we didn't have enough and got approx .5 miles down the road and it overheated again LOL. Around this time the Ohio state trooper shows up and is acting like a real asshat, but did let us know there was a gas station about a mile up the road and we could get hose clamps and water. Once again my good buddy wkdivr heads up the road and saves the day with the supplies. Not too mention passes us on the way back in the opposite lane laughing his ass off at us goons sitting in the dirt LOL. After that we got it filled up with fluids and went on our merry way without any further incident. WHAT A DAY LOL. When i arrived home, i promptly detailed my truck to get the coolant off and finished my day around 9pm that evening. Needless to say after waking up at 4am to go to that show yesterday, I"M BEAT!

Looks like fun :chevy: Josh, I heard about what happened. :uhoh:

It was VERY fun Dan. You missed a Great time, even though the show itself was pretty lame we had Pizza Hut deliver to summit's parking lot lol.

Alright, so we're cruising home from the show, just stopped to get gas and had gotten back on the turnpike. Just cranked up the volume on the DVD (Fast N Furious in HD Widescreen) and got comfortable in the drivers seat. Passenger is watching the movie on the dash, backseat passenger fell asleep already lol. All of a sudden, my temp gauge sky rockets and bells are dinging, CEL, truck dies. I'm like "oh **** now what". I coast to the side of the road, pop the hood and find my shit is STEAMING hot. Coolant leaking everywhere, all over my truck, tailgate, and everyone behind me on the turnpike LOL. After a second of troubleshooting we found the lower radiator hose had fallen off because the clamp was not on all the way. Now keep in mind that hose has not been off the radiator since "the wreck" rebuild completed in August 2007. I have no idea how it hung on this long because it looked like the clamp was barely on to begin with. So anyway, no big deal, the clamp was still on the hose and wkdivr was still up at Summit hanging out with Rockhead (because myself, wild2003ss, Uncle Tom, Kenny, and Tom G. left early). I call up my buddy ole pal wkdivr and he brings some tools and coolant with the quickness. Meanwhile we're "chillin" on the side of I-76 EAST bound and DOWN! Actually, chilllin is not the adjective to use, as it was 92 degrees out LOL. So Bill (wkdivr) arrives about 30mins later and finds us goofin around on the side of the freeway lol. As you all know, there is not much room to work when dealing with the lower rad hose and those GM clamps are a real PITA. We could NOT get it to "lock open". We spent at least an hour, 5 guys, and a set of channel locks later we finally got the clamp on and started filling the rad with coolant. Of course we didn't have enough and got approx .5 miles down the road and it overheated again LOL. Around this time the Ohio state trooper shows up and is acting like a real asshat, but did let us know there was a gas station about a mile up the road and we could get hose clamps and water. Once again my good buddy wkdivr heads up the road and saves the day with the supplies. Not too mention passes us on the way back in the opposite lane laughing his ass off at us goons sitting in the dirt LOL. After that we got it filled up with fluids and went on our merry way without any further incident. WHAT A DAY LOL. When i arrived home, i promptly detailed my truck to get the coolant off and finished my day around 9pm that evening. Needless to say after waking up at 4am to go to that show yesterday, I"M BEAT!

Damn. :eek: The lower radiator hose is a PITA, mine was leaking almost 2 years ago, dealer replaced the hose and the clamps under warranty. The crappy GM squeeze clamps still couldn't get a good enough seal on hose, and was leaking onto the belt drive, slinging coolant all over everything under my hood. I busted that stupid GM clamp off, and replaced it with 2 stainless worm drive clamps back-to-back.....it will never leak again LOL.

IM HOME !!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a great time ...... I was over Scott(wild2003SS) and I stayed with him over the weekend Thanks Scott it was a good time :cheers::cheers: I got to see Pitt. Pa. and got some very nice pics .

on top of MT. Wasahington

SummitCarShow2009013.jpg

SummitCarShow2009015.jpg

SummitCarShow2009016.jpg

Pics of the Show

SummitCarShow2009022.jpg

SummitCarShow2009023.jpg

SummitCarShow2009027.jpg

SummitCarShow2009029.jpg

No Trucks Won in the Show and there alot of nice lookin trucks there in the show .

Edited by RockHead (see edit history)

Oh, i also forgot to mention Rockhead's truck got hit saturday night, hit and run!

I was Parked on Scott Street at him place and it a tight street and some A-Hole hit the side of the driver side bumper

DSCF2241.jpg

o man sounds like a long day. sorry to hear that mark, you did take some good pics also lol. where exactly was this show? i have been not been on here as much lately

The show was Summit Racing Equipment - Tallmadge, Oh 495 miles away from home long a$$ drive