Silverado Stereo

nice build but thats just way to much. i have a L7 solobarac. i bet you it will out bump your and i still have my back seat.

not trying to be a dick just trying to say sometime less the better.

DSC00224.jpg

You wanna DB drag???

THat was a tempory system I put in for a competion. 8 12's in the ext cab portion of my truck for a couple days.... parking structures hatted me...

lol, I like your setup though, it is really nice, do you still have it in?

nice build but thats just way to much. i have a L7 solobarac. i bet you it will out bump your and i still have my back seat.

not trying to be a dick just trying to say sometime less the better.

Word.

Mine does 113db, and I hand built it buy hand in 103 degree weather took 24 hours of hard work.

113db's really ant that much a buddy and me built a system for my echo I use to have it took 2 days to install we had 4 JL 10W6V2 in the trunk 2 caps 5 amps 3 for the subs one for mids and highs and one for tweeters it hit 142.7db's I have seen one 12 hit 149.9 but that was a JL W7

Nice system! If those are SL7 10's in a ported box you are probably getting more than 113 dbs. You should enter it into a comp and have it tested with a better SPL meter. I doubt a little gay under the seat box is as loud as yours. I doubt the guy with the under seat box has room for 2 amps, a capacitor and a distribution block. He probably has stock speakers in the doors with no amp. as for 113dbs not being loud I'm pretty sure that 120dbs over time causes permanent hearing damage. I bet it sounds awsome driving down the road. Have you accidentally ran over any POS echos lately? It sucks when you want to show your hard work and some people have nothing better to do than just sh!t on it. Atleast some people in this forum appreciate good work when they see it.

Edited by 732 Submariner (see edit history)

Nice system! If those are SL7 10's in a ported box you are probably getting more than 113 dbs. You should enter it into a comp and have it tested with a better SPL meter. I doubt a little gay under the seat box is as loud as yours. I doubt the guy with the under seat box has room for 2 amps, a capacitor and a distribution block. He probably has stock speakers in the doors with no amp. as for 113dbs not being loud I'm pretty sure that 120dbs over time causes permanent hearing damage. I bet it sounds awsome driving down the road. Have you accidentally ran over any POS echos lately? It sucks when you want to show your hard work and some people have nothing better to do than just sh!t on it. Atleast some people in this forum appreciate good work when they see it.

atleast nebies keep there mouth shut. apparently you have no clue about proper airspace spl or anything you just made your self look like a ass. lol get a clue what your talking about before you decide to talk.lol your so funny lol

atleast nebies keep there mouth shut. apparently you have no clue about proper airspace spl or anything you just made your self look like a ass. lol get a clue what your talking about before you decide to talk.lol your so funny lol

So what do you know about "Proper Airspace"? Haha the person who looks like an ASS is the one who is arguing and trying to say that a little under seat box is better, go to a stereo competition now if you are unsure what that is it is when "a group of people get together and get judged on the quality and performance of a stereo system to see who has the best" and I guarantee a under seat box will not win. A subwoofer will not perform at it's best without the proper airspace. A kicker solo-baric s10l7 requiresper sub.

* sealed box volume: 0.66-1.0 cubic feet

* ported box volume: 1.25-2.25 cu. ft.

So what do you know about "Proper Airspace"? Haha the person who looks like an ASS is the one who is arguing and trying to say that a little under seat box is better, go to a stereo competition now if you are unsure what that is it is when "a group of people get together and get judged on the quality and performance of a stereo system to see who has the best" and I guarantee a under seat box will not win. A subwoofer will not perform at it's best without the proper airspace. A kicker solo-baric s10l7 requiresper sub.

* sealed box volume: 0.66-1.0 cubic feet

* ported box volume: 1.25-2.25 cu. ft.

just for ur info, im certified and under the seat boxes can hit hard as hell if u know how to build boxes. ask sprayed99 what my 2 12 cvx' sounded like on my 1500.1 at a lil over half way. box was never finished and i hit 149 dbs at competition in street class with the amp where it sat. and yes i DID win. so unless u can honestly say u know all the kicker reps like i do and install professionaly please do not come into an audio section saying an under the seat box will never win. my box wasnt ported. the sound is only as good as the builder. ive been doing it for over 7 years and have seen and been around a lot. i wanted to use my seat in my truck and have feet room with a lot of bass still and ripped crap apart and shattered my right rear window with the under the seat box. it CAN be done.

IN MY PROFESSIONAL opinion, sealed boxes are better for trucks because ported boxes push WAY too much air in the cab and distort very badly. YES if ur gonna put as much dynamat as i did and change the windows to plexi and make the cab walls stronger a ported custom box is the way to go but if ur gonna argue saying under seat boxes arent good then ur WAAAAAAAAY wrong. go to customsounds.com and look at our installs. my boat is the mastercraft x with all the alpine (paid for by apline for show). 99% of our custom builds are sealed.

When I decide to put this post up, I just wanted to show everybody what an 18 year old kid could build and yes I payed for all of it. There are SOME people who just need to grow up. I know I don not have the best system and I never said I did.

just for ur info, im certified and under the seat boxes can hit hard as hell if u know how to build boxes. ask sprayed99 what my 2 12 cvx' sounded like on my 1500.1 at a lil over half way. box was never finished and i hit 149 dbs at competition in street class with the amp where it sat. and yes i DID win. so unless u can honestly say u know all the kicker reps like i do and install professionaly please do not come into an audio section saying an under the seat box will never win. my box wasnt ported. the sound is only as good as the builder. ive been doing it for over 7 years and have seen and been around a lot. i wanted to use my seat in my truck and have feet room with a lot of bass still and ripped crap apart and shattered my right rear window with the under the seat box. it CAN be done.

IN MY PROFESSIONAL opinion, sealed boxes are better for trucks because ported boxes push WAY too much air in the cab and distort very badly. YES if ur gonna put as much dynamat as i did and change the windows to plexi and make the cab walls stronger a ported custom box is the way to go but if ur gonna argue saying under seat boxes arent good then ur WAAAAAAAAY wrong. go to customsounds.com and look at our installs. my boat is the mastercraft x with all the alpine (paid for by apline for show). 99% of our custom builds are sealed.

the key word here is 18 YEAR OLD KID, Bob my dad has been in the biz for over 30 years and done lots of big projects for big company's. you cant tell me norless some other members about car audio i have been in this for over 10 years. i know for a fact a little crappy under the seat box will kill. so good luck with your junk lol