Mma Fight

bison1040

Brock Lesnar's second title defense has been scheduled for November 21st @ UFC 106 vs. Shane Carwin. Carwin had been previously scheduled to fight Cain Velasquez, but now has been given a title shot.

More here UFC 106

I am honestly surprised that Carwin is the one of these two that got the fight. Basing on the past few fights, I really thought Velasquez was going to be the one who would get the first opportunity. Either way, I am looking forward to the fight.

Crazy... Kinda pisses me off. Its getting all about the money. They want to showcase Brock. His next fight should have been the winner of the Carwin/Velaz fight. I think it was going to be Carwin anyway, but I wanted to see for sure.

I wouldn't be so sure of Brock winning this fight. Carwin is going to train hard for this, and I think he can hold his own. It should be interesting. I can't wait to see the fight.... To bad the link isn't working for me at work. I'ma have to check it at home when I get off in a few hours.

Crazy... Kinda pisses me off. Its getting all about the money. They want to showcase Brock. His next fight should have been the winner of the Carwin/Velaz fight. I think it was going to be Carwin anyway, but I wanted to see for sure.

I wouldn't be so sure of Brock winning this fight. Carwin is going to train hard for this, and I think he can hold his own. It should be interesting. I can't wait to see the fight.... To bad the link isn't working for me at work. I'ma have to check it at home when I get off in a few hours.

Sorry the link didn't work, but I just tried it again and it worked for me?

You really think Carwin woulda been the one who made it anyway? Either way, I guess this is how it went down: Velasquez/Carwin were supposed to fight @ UFC 104, with the assumption that DW was going to have Fedor signed to fight Brock @ UFC 106. When that didn't happen, they were still going to have Velasquez/Carwin fight @ 104 because apparently after Brock's last fight vs Mir he had minor surgery and didn't figure to be ready until very late this year or early next year. But when he made a quicker recovery than what was expected, they moved Carwin up to get his shot - which I agree is a pure monetary move. But when Brock is the biggest PPV draw, they almost have to get him back in the ring ASAP, especially when there are worthy competitors unlike for GSP @ 170 and Spyder @ 185.

Edited by bison1040 (see edit history)

nice that should be a good fight.....but brock is a dam beast to much mass......brock wins

i wouldnt say that, yeah Lesnar is big and a very strong wrestler but so is Carwin. Carwin was also an all american wrestler and just as decarate as Brock. plus Brock's stand up is not very good and i personally think he doesnt have the best chin, watch his fight against Mir. Mir worked his stand up a lot for that fight and it showed, Mir hit brock with a nice flury. the first punch was a straight right that seemed to stun Brock a bit then a left hook and then the knee that eventually brought both them down to the ground. the point i'm trying to make is that Mir rocked him with a short right then a couple more hits, if Carwim lands on Brock the way Mir did Brock is going down hard. Mir has good hands and so does Carwin, but Carwin hits like a f*cken freight train!!! watch his fight against Gonzaga, he was hurt and then he dropped Gonzaga with a short right, and Gonzaga has a proven chin. everyone makes a huge deal about Brocks wrestling, his size and strength, well Carwin is just as big and strong and has great wrestling aswell but he has much MUCH heavier hands then Lesnar. Brock where's a size XXXL gloves which had to be specially made, well Carwin where's the same size BUT they have to cut the sides the get his hands in them so think about the power being put thru with those bricks flying at u!!!

here's the clip of Mir rocking Brock...

2cy5tzs.gif

i think Carwin by K.O. late in the first...

-Rob

UFC doing what it does best, turning their fighters into pop stars

i wouldnt say that, yeah Lesnar is big and a very strong wrestler but so is Carwin. Carwin was also an all american wrestler and just as decarate as Brock. plus Brock's stand up is not very good and i personally think he doesnt have the best chin, watch his fight against Mir. Mir worked his stand up a lot for that fight and it showed, Mir hit brock with a nice flury. the first punch was a straight right that seemed to stun Brock a bit then a left hook and then the knee that eventually brought both them down to the ground. the point i'm trying to make is that Mir rocked him with a short right then a couple more hits, if Carwim lands on Brock the way Mir did Brock is going down hard. Mir has good hands and so does Carwin, but Carwin hits like a f*cken freight train!!! watch his fight against Gonzaga, he was hurt and then he dropped Gonzaga with a short right, and Gonzaga has a proven chin. everyone makes a huge deal about Brocks wrestling, his size and strength, well Carwin is just as big and strong and has great wrestling aswell but he has much MUCH heavier hands then Lesnar. Brock where's a size XXXL gloves which had to be specially made, well Carwin where's the same size BUT they have to cut the sides the get his hands in them so think about the power being put thru with those bricks flying at u!!!

here's the clip of Mir rocking Brock...

2cy5tzs.gif

i think Carwin by K.O. late in the first...

-Rob

cmon i know you hate on brock give him his props he is bad ass....bro did you see the rest of the fight? mir got his ass beat thats all that matters,brock got rocked but recovered like a champion....i really dont see a match for him in the ufc,the only one i see giving him trouble is fedor thats it :D

how much you got on it foo??$$$$$$ im going with brock :cheers:

Edited by blackbeast ss (see edit history)

I'd probably bet on Lesnar too, but I think he is going to get rocked like no one has seen him get rocked yet. Carwin is no joke... And I am still at a loss as to why people complain about him because he almost got knocked out by Gonzaga. Gonzaga is a beast! It was no small feat knockin that dude out. I'm pretty pumped for this fight, since I knew it was going to be Brocks next one. I think its gonna be a good one and I can't wait.

I think Carwin is going to get the KO on Brock. The shot Gonzaga caught him with would have knocked out most anyone and he recovered from that easily. Brock will not stand a chance standing with him and I think Carwins counter wrestling will keep in on the feet where he'll eventually get the KO.

should have made this a poll. i am a brock fan and i think he will win . however i have not seen alot of Carwin . im going to try and make this the first big event at my new pad!

Sorry about that... Guess I thought about it, but I wasn't quite sure how much attention this might get. Either way, after this weekend with Couture v. Nog, its the next fight that really bares watching. I really don't foresee Shogun giving Machida much of a fight.

As far as this fight goes, I'm with JaymzSS... He's a SoDak boy like me and I'm buddies with his cousins so I could never really cheer against him.

Edited by bison1040 (see edit history)

Who cares.. dont mean to sound like a smart ass but the hell with lesner big gorilla he fights like an ape im done with Boxing and MMA no more real fighters anymore i think ufc is fixed now and im tired of these dudes that enter mma win 3 fights then get a title shot and win f*ck that im just pissed off(maybe because all my fav fighters are losing Rich Franklin,Hughes,Couture,Forrest Griffin,Rampage, atleast machida has been doing alright) and boxing only has a hand few of good fighters but not even at least one good heavywight all the dudes in the heavywight rankings are from freaken europe or some other place. :banghead:

cmon i know you hate on brock give him his props he is bad ass....bro did you see the rest of the fight? mir got his ass beat thats all that matters,brock got rocked but recovered like a champion....i really dont see a match for him in the ufc,the only one i see giving him trouble is fedor thats it :D

how much you got on it foo??$$$$$$ im going with brock :cheers:

no i dont doubt his skills and wat he's done so far, but when he took Mir down in the first he really didnt do a lot of damage. any other legit hw woulda stopped him in the first, yeah he took him down easily and held him there for the whole round but i honestly think he shoulda did way more damage then he did. i still Carwin will ko him late in the first, and there's some good compitition in the ufc for him, someone who has good power and good hands and can stuff a take down or keep Lesnar at the end of thier punches.

sorry dont got the bread to put on anyone right now, been kinda broke with having the house now. BUT i'll still take Carwin by ko/tko!!!

-Rob