Pontiac GTO

whmayhew

I see a new Pontiac GTO yesterday morning at Varney GMC in Bangor, Me. It had just come off the truck Thursday night and not been cleaned up. It might have a nice motor buta the car did not look very appealing to me. They did not have the window sticker in it and the salesman did not know what it cost.

I see a new Pontiac GTO yesterday morning at Varney GMC in Bangor, Me. It had just come off the truck Thursday night and not been cleaned up. It might have a nice motor buta the car did not look very appealing to me. They did not have the window sticker in it and the salesman did not know what it cost.

Oh, it is simply an awesome car with a very "sleeper" skin. Cost is very competitive, from the mid-20s and upwards. Don't judge this book by its cover. grinnn The car flat out skats.

Saw a picture for a version to be released this Fall or next year that will have the GTO-inspired hood design of the 1960s.

Not particularly appealing from the outside, but I sat in one the other day... it was pretty nice and they do run well. That said....I still feel GM could have done a better job in bringing the GTO nameplate back.

I can tell you first hand the GTO is a great car. The power is amazing. It is a fast car out of the box and very easy to mod. The interior is great, the best of any car I have ever been in (I don't get my SS until Monday and have never been in one so I can't compare to that). It has real leather, mine is red car, red leather, red guages, red suede inserts in the door. Pictures don't do this car justice.

I can post pics of the interior or the engine area if anyone is interested.

I can tell you first hand the GTO is a great car. The power is amazing. It is a fast car out of the box and very easy to mod. The interior is great, the best of any car I have ever been in (I don't get my SS until Monday and have never been in one so I can't compare to that). It has real leather, mine is red car, red leather, red guages, red suede inserts in the door. Pictures don't do this car justice.

I can post pics of the interior or the engine area if anyone is interested.

nice, love the red leather. not enough cars come with red leather in my opinion.

post some pics. i want to see and drool. :cool:

I can't wait to get some pics of my GTO and SS together. That will be one sweet GM combo.

Here is the engine before mods (well I had changed the battery).

EngineFactory.jpg

Engine after BMR strut bar, Optima red top, LS1Speed Induction, CS Performance Intake, MSD Plug wires, Denso plugs, and HP Tuners tune.

Engine.jpg

Front.

Front.jpg

Sides

Zaino01.jpg

Zaino02.jpg

Interior. The color is a little off in these pics

Interior.jpg

InteriorClose.jpg

My car with a group of GTO's

KC.jpg

AmesSS, Nice CAR, I hear they really Run!! Our friend just got his and it's RED with Black Interior. Wish Chevy would follow Pontiac and bring back the CAMARO!!

Take care and be careful with it.

Ginnie :chevy:

That car is a great package. V8, 6 spd, RWD, IRS, great interior, I drooled on them when they were Monaros. I like black cars with red leather seats too.

They should have put that kind of detail into the SS. You'll have to buy some red katskin seat covers to spice up your SS interior. What color SS are you getting?

I have a video of the New GTO racing. I was up at KCIR and it raced three times and lost everytime, but it was the Auto, but the guy driving it said there is only a tenth of a second difference in 1/4 mile. SOooooooo not much to show for, but it was slick at the tracks.

Thanks for the pics.

not trying to bad mouth but is it just me or does anyone else feel like chevy should have done a little more with the GTO other than a couple badges and a motor to be different from the australian version of this car. i think they are getting off to cheap for what they are charging. I guess i am just pissed they got rid of the camaro :fume:

Archived