Pontiac GTO

whmayhew

Thanks everyone for the compliments.

In 2007 the GTO is being redesigned on the Zeta platform. I have heard rumors of a Chevy version being either the Camaro or Chevelle.

The engine says LS1 everywhere. The back of the block has LS6 stamped on it (this one really doesn't make sense). There are several major engines parts from an LS2. I think with all the transitioning going on for the Vette it's a little bit of everything. GM is supposed to have a dealer installed factory warranty kit to take it up to 405HP available in a couple of months.

The HP Tuners is pretty good. A little too expensive. I haven't done much with it on the GTO since I have a manual. I'll probably get the software licenses to really tweek on the SS. There should be a lot more to change.

I have seen a pretty big range of 1/4 times. Part of the problem is no one really has a GTO that is broken in yet. I've read they really need until about 5k miles. Also this car seemed to get a lot of first time V8 guys that just don't know how to drive them. BMR Fabrication has a GTO running 11.x sec quarter mile times, I don't remember the .x. I have seen slips and video of low 13 sec completely stock manual GTOs with good driver.

The car is $33,190. Which quite honestly is too cheap. Accounting for the rate conversions this car in Aussie land is over $40k if we paid what they do for a Holden. I have heard it's a draw car and in reality GM just tried to break even with it and hope to hook people in for a Grand Prix purchase. I have also heard next years car will be $37k-39k. The interior is amazing, they didn't cheat on anything. The real leather is awesome. The Aussies make a good car. I wouldn't even want to compare it to the build quality of my TrailBlazer or GTP. Personally I would have taken the Assie version straight up, no changes. Holden is a GM division so it's not like they just bought a car and called it a GM, it already was.

The SS I'm getting is red. The dealer my dealer is getting it from had the rims chromed. Other than that I don't know much about it. My dealer didn't have one so I've never been in one. I saw one on the streets once.

I'm getting pretty excited to pick it up tomorrow. Should be a lot of fun.

Archived