2005 4wd/awd 4l65e

Rick_Vor

Up for sale is a rebuilt, 0 miles, 2005 4WD or AWD 4L65E out of a 2005 Sierra Denali. This transmission has had 52k original miles on it before it was completely rebuilt a few weeks ago. It has new HD clutches/band/seals/filter, and it already had a Transgo HD2 shift kit, Corvette 2nd gear servo/billet 4th gear servo, 29 element sprag and "the Beast" sun gear shell. Also includes the stock, OEM 13" Torque converter.

4L65E006.jpg

4L65E007.jpg

4L65E008.jpg

To make a long story short, I ran a Procharger w/10lbs for about 5000 miles and 4th gear started to slip. I never Dyno'd the truck (AWD) but Rick @ Synergy guessed it was around 475 RWHP. Had a local tranny shop rebiuld it with the above listed parts and it worked like a charm for 15k miles. Shifted great, not too firm (medium setting on the shift kit and reduced Torqure Management in the PCM) and worked flawlessly. Pulled the Procharger and added twin turbos @ 10lbs and tranny started slipping after about 3000 miles. Again, never dyno'd the twin kit but it had an estimated 550 RWHP but a ton more bottom end torque than the Procharger (it will instantly hit 10lbs at 2500 RPM). I had him put in new HD clutches/band/seals and it felt good as new till about another 5000 miles. 4th gear started slipping again and I decided it was time for a 4L80E. I had him install the 4L80E a couple weeks ago and also had him freshen up the 4L65E. I was planning on keeping it for a future project but changed my mind.

This is a great HD replacement tranny for any 4WD or AWD but as you can see, like any 4L60E or 4L65E, it has it's limits. The shop that built it will honor the 6month/6k mile warranty but doesn't include shipping or remove/install labor (unless your local).

$700 + shipping. Buyer to handle shipping but I can palletize it and have it ready for pickup at a loading dock in 94510, CA if needed. Local pickup is obviously prefered and will include an ice cold beer upon completion of loading.

Thanks for looking, Rick

Heres a few questions to help potential buyers.

which clutches and where?

what steels?

what was done to the input drum if anything?

where the accumulator pistons changed to aluminum?

does it have the RPM spring kit?

Why did 4th start to slip?

A detailed parts list would help your sale as well.

Good luck

• 2 years later...