License Plate Bracket?

BlueAKSSS

Just got a new arrival blue front license plate bracket off ebay since your required to have a front license plate here in Alaska. My truck has never had one since it was from California so there are no holes in the front bumper(I hate to drill them but...its a must). How do I go about attaching it and what would I use to attach it? Things I was thinking of were plastic rivets or self tapping screws? How was it attached from the factory?

Thanks

post-18540-1251062885_thumb.jpg

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

The factory uses aluminum pop rivets with large heads. I had the same dilema here in NY after I bought the truck. I didnt know about the Pop Rivets. I used stainless bolts. There is a hole in the steel under bumper to fit a wrench right where you need it.

I also put adhesive backed foam on the back of the plate bracket. Not that I was worried about scratches but it helped avoid squeeks and It controled not overtightening.

Good luck

mine was never installed by the dealer in NY when i bought the truck new..still have not installed it yet, it is still in the plastic wrap. i get the head snap from the cops here when i pass them, but not pulled over. but i have a Department Of Defence sticker on the windshield, maybe that helps a little.. :dunno:

:seeya:

The factory uses aluminum pop rivets with large heads. I had the same dilema here in NY after I bought the truck. I didnt know about the Pop Rivets. I used stainless bolts. There is a hole in the steel under bumper to fit a wrench right where you need it.

I also put adhesive backed foam on the back of the plate bracket. Not that I was worried about scratches but it helped avoid squeeks and It controled not overtightening.

Good luck

I was wondering if there were holes in the metal bumper, thanks!

the dealer is SUPPOSED to install them with plastic push clips and around a 3/8 drill bit

I may use this method when I do decide to install it, for now it's just in the front window...

:sick:

I've been pulled over 3,984,375 times, and I will NEVER install a front plate :nonod:

Hahaha, ya I hate to drill holes in a perfect bumper anyways, I'll just wait and see what happens... :rolleyes: