World's Fastest LS1 Based Truck

n2opwr

I think the LQ9 has a 10.1 compression ratio,and the LQ4 has a 9.1compression ratio.The LQ4 can handle more boost without the risk of detonation because of its lower compression ratio.Thats way he went with the LQ4.The LQ9 gets its 45hp from the higher compression ratio.<Correct me if im wrong. :thumbs:

It's only 25hp difference. Don't quote me, but I think the LQ4 is 9.4:1. They are exactly the same with the exception of the pistons. LQ4 has dished pistons, LQ9 has flat top pistons.

Lower CR = able to handle more boost without detonation.

I think the LQ9 has a 10.1 compression ratio,and the LQ4 has a 9.1compression ratio.The LQ4 can handle more boost without the risk of detonation because of its lower compression ratio.Thats way he went with the LQ4.The LQ9 gets its 45hp from the higher compression ratio.<Correct me if im wrong. :thumbs:

In that case now I see why he went with it. :thumbs:

the detonation isn't quite a big deal if you're running race fuel or alcahol, but the cylinder pressure will get high enough to lift the head enough to blow a head gasket. even if you can control the detonation on a higher compression engine, the cylinder pressure is what you have to watch out for.

the tcase i am using is out of a 2500hd, i am mainly using it because it bolts right up to the 4l80e i put in. i think the autotrack would hold though, they are prety strong too.

the autotrack is rated at around 2500ft/lbs and the hd case is over 5000ft/lbs

if you divide the 2500ft/lb's by the 2.5x 1st gear of the 4l80e that would put the rating of the auto track at around 1000ft/lbs at the motor and 2000ft/lbs for the hd case. they are both strong.

i think the awd case is rated around 2500ft/lb's also but with the steeper 1st gear of the 4l60e it would see more torque then behind a 4l80e

Archived